If you are eligible for our campus accommodation, you will have been sent information about how to apply to live in our halls of residence. Information about who can apply for campus accommodation, and the order in which we allocate accommodation, can be on our accommodation web pages.
If you need accommodation but haven’t applied yet, email us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Three things you must do before you arrive:
- Make your advance payment of £450 by 31 August 2021 - please do this when you receive your accommodation offer (and at least two weeks before your arrival date). Find more information about how to pay below.
- Complete your online accommodation induction - please do this before you leave home to come to Keele. It contains all sorts of useful information and you will need to successfully complete this before you are issued with your room key. At the end of the online induction you will find your Accommodation Boarding Pass - print this off so you can hand it in when you collect your keys.
- Book your arrival slot at the end of the induction process - please keep to your arrival slot and let us know if anything changes.
If you have a disability, you may request an early arrival (please note there is an associated charge). Get in touch with our Disability and Dyslexia Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this.
If you have any questions before you arrive, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1782 734152.
Find out about the measures we have in place across our halls of residence to help you stay safe on this web page; this includes how you can identify who is in your household.
What to bring:
Tick off your items as you pack to make sure you don't forget anything!
- Print off and bring your Accommodation Boarding Pass
- A duvet and pillows (please note that there are not provided by the University)
- Bed linen
- Crockery / cutlery / cooking equipment
- A clock
- Tea towels
- Some photos / small personal items to make your room feel homely and cosy!
- An adaptor if you're bringing electrical items from overseas
If you'd like to bring fairy lights, these must be CE kite marked, LED type and purchased in the UK.
Any electical equipment that you bring (hairdryer, hair straighteners, lamps, etc...) must be PAT tested. If you can't do this before you arrive, don't worry - we provide a free testing service in each hall.
What NOT to bring:
- Candles and other items that have a naked flame
- Mini fridge (if you have a medical reason why you need a mini-fridge, we can provide this for you - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Extension cables - these must be PAT tested before they are used or you can buy one from our campus store
- Items that need hanging up with nails or hooks - you will be charged for any damage caused by using these items
- Weapons, knives, imitation guns
- Pets or animals (including fish)
Please have a look at our move-in day web page.
Please remember that you are required to follow the most up-to-date Government restrictions regarding household mixing. Depending on national restrictions in place in September, this may affect whether you can have visitors from other households, or our ability to process room move requests.
If you spot that something isn't working as it should, please log this via Service Desk - the sooner we know about it, the sooner we can fix it.
- Log in to Service Desk
- Choose the 'Accommodation' tile
- Choose 'Request a repair' (and choose the type) from the options on the right
- Complete and submit the form
- Want to know how the repair is progressing? Log back into Service Desk and check on the logged repair
Find out about how we prioritise repairs to ensure health and safety on this Accommodation web page.
All Keele University bedrooms have the following as standard:
- A bed (beds are single, except in en-suite plus rooms which have 3/4 size beds and en-suite superior rooms which have either 3/4 size or double beds)
- Curtains or blinds
- A wardrobe
- A desk and chair
- A notice board
- A mirror
- Free Wi-Fi
The kitchens in halls each have:
- A cooker and microwave
- A fridge and freezer
- A sink with hot and cold water (cold water is suitable for drinking)
- Worktop space and cupboards
- A kettle
If you would like to, you can order a kitchen starter pack and bed linen from us in advance (online via the Accommodation tab on the Accommodation Portal - where you applied for accommodation. Rice cookers are available to buy in the UK.)