Maintenance and pest control
All maintenance, repair and pest requests should be logged via the Service Desk (use self-service portal).
Contact 24 hour Campus Safety on 01782
- Category 1: Emergencies – 2 hour response in the event that this would cause a health and safety threat such as:
- Gas leak
- Loss of power
- Major water leak
- Lift breakdown
- Fire or imminent risk of fire
- Collapse of a structure
- Category 2: Urgent attention – within 2 working days (causes no threat to health and safety) such as:
- Blocked drains/toilets (in some assessments would be category 1)
- Broken window (would be boarded up initially)
- Loss of heating/lighting in a room
- Running taps (not dripping)
- Stair light not working
- Floor covering (trip hazard)
- Ingress of water in a building (other than flooding)
- Problems preventing emergency or disabled access
- Single radiator not working (depending on time of year)
- Category 3: Non-urgent repairs – within 14 working days (reduces quality of services or causes some inconvenience) such as:
- Lack of power in a single socket
- Dripping taps
- Adjustments to doors/windows
- Replacement curtains and blinds
- Minor decoration
- Extractor fans not working
- Plaster repairs
The above lists are not exhaustive but are examples of maintenance issues that may need resolving. Any Category 2 repair reported on Friday would be carried forward to the following Monday.
Occasionally, due to circumstances beyond our control, there may be the need to treat for pests, such as wasps or ants.
If you want to report an infestation, please click on the report a maintenance, repair or pest request button at the top of the page.
We will then contact a specialist company who will remove the infestation. The time taken for this work will vary depending on the type of pest.
In the event of faults/maintenance requests not being carried out within the above periods there are 2 ways you can request an update.