NHS Outreach Service
The Outreach Library and Information Service is for NHS staff working in the community in Staffordshire. We make it easier for you to access books, journals and electronic resources, and help you get the information you want, without the need to visit the Health Library. We provide a flexible service and are happy to come to your workplace to discuss your information needs and provide individual or group training sessions.
Who do we support?
We support NHS staff working for our partner organisations at:
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare
- GP Services in Staffordshire
- Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Integrated Care Board
Help accessing resources
We make it easier for you to access books, journals and electronic resources. We help you get the information you want, without the need to visit the Health Library. We are happy to come to your workplace to discuss your information needs.
- NHS OpenAthens registration and password resets
- Accessing journal articles and other resources
We can come to your workplace to provide individual or group training sessions.
- How to develop your own literature search and access resources
- Library induction sessions for various groups
- Library & Information Updates for team meetings
Please see the Outreach training page for more details of training opportunities.
Literature Search Service
We provide a Literature Search Service, completing your searches and providing results with links to relevant articles.
The Outreach team publish current awareness bulletins.
Health Inequalities Bulletin (Bi-Monthly) Produced for primary care staff in Staffordshire. This aims to draw attention to key documents, guidance and evidence-based reviews on health inequalities. Sources used include: NHS Evidence ** Department of Health ** Cochrane Library ** King's Fund.
For more information see your local intranet: