Nursing revalidation support
The Health Library is here to support patient care and continuous professional development (CPD). As part of your NMC Revalidation you may be asked to provide evidence of reflection on practice and professional reading, as well as keeping up-to-date. The Health Library can support you in the following ways:
This service is affected by Covid-19 restrictions. Please check for changes.
At the Library
- Join the Library - this will allow you to use many of out facilities, services and resources.
- Study area - anyone can come in and use the study areas. We are a relatively quiet library and have a silent study room for those who need it.
- IT suite and facilities - the neighbouring IT suite includes PCs, with access to both the NHS and Keele networks. There are also printing, scanning and photocopying facilities. Wifi is available throughout the library.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Revalidation - NMC revalidation microsite.
- Revalidation forms and templates - from the NMC; mandatory and optional forms to help you to complete your revalidation.
- Royal College of Nursing - support for revalidation.
- Read this article from the Nursing Times about reflective reading.
- You can also keep up-to-date with issues about revalidation via our Information Skills for Health blog.
- Borrowing books - by joining the library you can borrow our specialist healthcare books. Ebooks that you can read online are also available.
- Search our online catalogue Library Search for books and ebooks.
- Browse our reading lists - start looking for some topic-specific material to support the NMC Code.
- Search for articles - you can use our healthcare-specific databases to search for articles on clinical and non-clinical topics.
- Register for an NHS OpenAthens username to access full-text articles online.
- Keep up-to-date - use our Current Awareness Service to keep up-to-date with the latest research and articles published in our journals.
- Access Keele University resources through our walk-in access service - you can request access to the Keele University computers and access their networked resources such as articles, journals and databases.
- Request unavailable items - if we don't have access to the full-text of the article you need you can request an inter-library loan and we will try to get it from another library for you.
Training and support
- Attend a train course or workshop - you can book onto one of our training sessions to learn how to use our resources or update your research skills.
- Complete our Getting Started etutorials to get to grips with some of our popular resources.
- Develop your information skills and learn how to search for information effectively by completing our online tutorials.
- Receive specialist support at your workplace from the outreach librarians - NHS staff working in the community are supported by our Outreach Librarian Service, who can visit you in your workplace.
- Consult with a librarian who will execute a literature search for you - if you are struggling to find the information you need or just don't have the time, our qualified staff can run a search for you.