Support for Nursing / Healthcare assistants
This service is affected by Covid-19 restrictions. Please check for changes.
At the Library
- Join the Library - this will allow you to use many of out facilities, services and resources.
- Study area - anyone can come in and use the study areas. We are a relatively quiet library and have a silent study room for those who need it.
- IT facilities - we provide access to computers on both the NHS and Keele networks. There are also printing, scanning and photocopying facilities. Wifi is available throughout the library.
- Borrowing books - by joining the library you can borrow our specialist healthcare books. Ebooks that you can read online are also available.
- Browse our reading lists - start looking for some topic-specific material to support nursing / healthcare assistants.
- British Journal of Healthcare Assistants - easy to read articles supporting the work of healthcare assistants (UHNM only, signin via openathens to access full-text).
- Royal Marsden Online - online version of the Royal Marsden clinical procedures and guidelines (UHNM only, login with openathens to access full-text).
- NICE Evidence - searchable database for healthcare-related resources.
- Register for NHS OpenAthens - complete the online form to get your NHS Athens username / password.
- More healthcare resources
Training and support
- Attend training sessions - you can book onto one of our training sessions to learn how to use our resources or update your research skills.
- Complete our Getting Started etutorials to get to grips with some of our popular resources.
- Develop your information skills and learn how to search for information effectively by completing our online tutorials.
- You can also keep up-to-date with issues about revalidation via our Information Skills for Health blog.