NHS Community staff
Training is available from the Outreach Librarians for NHS staff working in the community, including primary care commissioners or providers, or Combined Healthcare staff, or NHS partners.
We offer training in:
- NHS OpenAthens: advice on making the best use of the resources available to NHS Staff
- Literature searching using health and health management databases e.g. Medline, PsychInfo, for beginners and more advanced users
- Literature searching using social care information resources, e.g. Social Care Online
- Cochrane Library
- Finding and using high quality internet resources e.g. NHS Evidence
- Searching the internet more effectively
- Advanced search techniques for Google and other search engines
- Using ebooks available with an NHS Athens username
- Keeping up-to-date with information using emails and other online alerting services
- Advice on using Smartphones to access information resources
Training is specific to your current needs. Sessions are available to individuals, small groups and teams at a time and place to suit your requirements.
NHS staff working in the community are also welcome to attend the NHS-based training courses held at the Health Library.
Please check whether you have access to the resources presented in the training course.