Have a question about SCONUL access?
Library Self-Service Portal, email: email@example.com, or start Live Chat.
- To apply for SCONUL Access to join a participating institution other than Keele, complete an online application form at the SCONUL website. You'll receive an email confirming your SCONUL membership for the library you have requested. You must print out this email to be able to use the institution's library.
- Please check the Sconul access website https://sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access prior to travelling to register as a user of another library, and you should also check its website for opening hours and any special conditions relating to registration. Take your email printout, Keele card, and photograph (if required) to the host library who will issue you with a library card for the duration of your SCONUL Access (the length of your Keele card registration, or three years, whichever is the shorter). Use of the host library’s electronic resources is not usually included and you will be responsible for any fines or replacement costs you incur at the host library.
- Bring your SCONUL Access acceptance printout and your library/ID card with you and you will be issued with a Keele library card. Although the Library is open 24/7, SCONUL Access applications will only be accepted between 9am and 5pm. Borrowing will not be immediate as your application will be processed and you will be notified when your card is ready to collect. There is no access to electronic resources such as online journals or databases. Undergraduates are only allowed reference facilities under the SCONUL Access scheme, not borrowing rights.
- To request a Keele SCONUL account online, please complete the Request a library account form, and upload a copy of your SCONUL Access acceptance email and a copy of a current utility bill.
- For further information please contact Debbie Steventon, Keele SCONUL Access representative - tel: +44 (0)1782 734159 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.