Convert your documents into a more accessible format
SensusAccess is online software that students and staff can use to automatically convert documents into a range of alternative formats, including audio (MP3 and DAISY), e-books (EPUB, EPUB3 and Mobi) and digital braille. It can also be used to convert inaccessible documents such as image-only PDF files, JPG pictures and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into more accessible formats.
How to use SensusAccess
- Upload your file to SensusAccess using the form below.
- Choose the type of file you would like returned.
- Enter your Keele University email address (you must use your Keele email for SensusAccess to work).
- After a short time (depending on the size of the document being converted) a link to your converted file will be emailed for you to open or download.
Conditions of Use
You can make an accessible copy of something if -
- you own the copyright (e.g. it's your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright owner
- the copyright has expired
- you have a print disability or if it's for someone with a print disability.
Students and staff may convert documents produced by the Keele University relating to course work and university activities, e.g. module handouts, course packs, lecture notes, without prior permission from the University. This does not include published works or material where the copyright owner is not the University, unless you have a print disability.
If you a student with a print disability using SensusAccess you are agreeing that;
- copies made are for yourself and not shared with others
- you cannot find a commercially available version in an appropriate format for you
- you abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use).
Please note: if you have a print disability and need a substantial amount from a book, or the entire book in an accessible format, please contact Liz Lafferty - tel: +44 (0)1782 734160 or email: email@example.com.
Need help? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org