Create your own accessible formats
SensusAccess is online software that students and staff can use to automatically convert documents into a range of alternative formats, including audio (MP3 and DAISY), e-books (EPUB, EPUB3 and Mobi) and digital braille. It can also be used to convert inaccessible documents such as image-only PDF files, JPG pictures and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into more accessible formats.
How to use SensusAccess
- Upload your file to SensusAccess using the form below.
- Choose the type of file you would like returned.
- Enter your Keele University email address (you must use your Keele email for SensusAccess to work).
- After a short time (depending on the size of the document being converted) a link to your converted file will be emailed for you to open or download.
Conditions of Use
You can make an accessible copy of a published work if -
- you have a print disability or if it's for someone with a print disability
- you own the copyright (e.g. it's your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright owner
- the copyright has expired
- any other copyright exceptions that may apply, such as small ‘fair dealing’ amount for research and private study.
Students and staff may also convert documents produced by Keele University in relation to course work and University activities, e.g. module handouts, lecture notes, without prior permission from the University. This does not apply to published works or material where the copyright owner is not the University, unless you have a print disability.
Students with a print disability using SensusAccess need to agree that:
- the copy won't be shared with others
- you abide by the requirements of the disability exceptions in copyright law.
Please note you need to use your Keele University email address with this service.
Please note: if you have a print disability and need a substantial amount from a book, or the entire book in an accessible format, please contact us - tel: +44 (0)1782 733239 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SensusAccess is provided by an external company. You can review their privacy notice for information about how they manage your data at https://sensusaccess.com/privacy-fair-processing-notice.