Having the ability to motivate and manage staff, anticipate, understand and navigate reactions to change within the workplace will make you a more effective leader – whether you work in-house or as a consultant in general management or within the field of Human Resources Management (HRM). Based on real-world application, our master’s course provides an excellent grounding in theory and practice. On successful completion, it can lead to Associate level membership of the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) and, following the required professional practice, Chartered Membership and Fellowship.
- Keele is ranked 3rd in the UK for business by the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES 2019).
- Practical skills workshops focus on developing essential skills such as negotiating and resolving sensitive workplace issues and problems or applying legal remedies to workplace issues.
- Approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) allowing Associate Membership on graduation.
- Close relationship with North Staffs and South Cheshire CIPD Branch, giving our students access to its 1,100-strong members, professional networking events and workshops.
- Opportunity to work on a consultancy project*: one previous student looked at how the Gingerbread Centre, a non-profit organisation, could increase volunteers and engage them using HRM methods.
- Hear from industry practitioners which have previously included a representative from the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).
- Hands-on practical experience tackling real-life workplace issues in areas such as equality, dignity and respect, for example, ranging from the gender pay gap to sexual harassment.
- Enhance your communications and interpersonal skills by volunteering as an annually elected Student Voice Representative – you’ll receive training from the Students’ Union and present student views of modules or programmes at Student Staff Voice Committees (SSVCs) and other forums.
- Our students go on to work for Kia Motors, Interserve, NHS, Npower, the Prudential and Bayer.
***Please note that our students’ health and wellbeing is paramount, therefore contact and work-based activities have been adapted to include remote / virtual approaches, due to the global pandemic.
Osarhieme Igbinovia , MA Human Resource Management
"The support received, diverse environment and exquisite facilities have made Keele more than just a place to learn, but home " - read more about Osarhieme Igbinovia , MA Human Resource Management
Nikhita Parsotam, MA Human Resource Management
"My experiences led me to continue my master’s because of the teaching and the good reputation Keele has." - read more about Nikhita Parsotam, MA Human Resource Management
Marc Williams, MA Human Resource Management
"The lecturers are very friendly and helpful and the subjects you study have real-life application." - read more about Marc Williams, MA Human Resource Management
Cody Thomas, MA Human Resource Management
"From the natural beauty and openness of the campus, to the friendly, close-knit community; Keele University had it all" - read more about Cody Thomas, MA Human Resource Management
Moustafa Ahmed, MA Human Resource Management
"I was attracted to the course as it is a comprehensive programme that covers all the HR functions and the diversity is outstanding in Keele, you will see tens of nationalities" - read more about Moustafa Ahmed, MA Human Resource Management
Nasreen Hussain, MA Human Resource Management
"I chose to study HRM as it offered a level 7 CIPD qualification as part of the degree, which has been a stand-out factor during my job search and highly regarded in the industry" - read more about Nasreen Hussain, MA Human Resource Management
"Completing my MA gave me the initial confidence to apply for a role in a quite intimidating sector in the police force" - read more about Olivia Phillips