PhD / MPhil
- PhD – 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
MPhil – 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
Research opportunities in the biological, biomedical and life sciences include a wide range of topics in mammalian molecular biology, molecular medicine, epigenetics, proteomics, physiology, structural biology and neuroscience.
There is an emphasis on links to clinical and other complementary expertise across the four sites comprising the University Hospital North Midlands, RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital at Oswestry, the Haywood Hospital and Keele University campus.
A wide range of research facilities and state-of-the-art equipment are available in purpose-built laboratories in the Huxley Building (School of Life Sciences), the Guy Hilton Research Centre (Hartshill, UHNM hospital site) and RJAH Oswestry, including the Keele Mass Spectrometry facilities .
Research subject areas:
- Cell and Molecular biology - Dr Helen Price; Professor Gwyn Williams; Professor Paul Horrocks; Dr Rachel Berkson; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr Catherine Merrick; Dr David Mottershead; Professor Nick Forsyth
- Molecular medicine - Professor Gwyn Williams; Professor Glenn Morris; Dr Alan Richardson; Dr Rachel Berkson ; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead; Professor Nick Forsyth
- Apoptosis- Professor Gwyn Williams; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Professor Nick Forsyth
- Epigenetics - Professor Tony Fryer; Dr Alan Richardson; Professor Nick Forsyth
- Proteomics - Dr Sarah Hart; Professor Glenn Morris; Professor Trevor Greenhough;
- Cell physiology and pathology - Professor Divya Chari; Dr Gordon Dent; Dr Michael Evans; Professor Sally Roberts; Dr Alan Harper ; Dr Mirna Mourtada-Maarabouni; Dr David Mottershead
- Structural biology - Professor Trevor Greenhough; Dr Annette Shrive
- Protein Biochemistry - Professor Trevor Greenhough; Dr Annette Shrive; Dr David Mottershead
- Analytical Biochemistry – Dr WenWu Li
- Neuroscience - Dr Michael Evans; Dr Rosemary Fricker; Professor Dave Furness; Dr Chris Adams; Dr Doug Caruana, Dr Stuart Jenkins; Dr Dave Mazzocchi-Jones
- Glycobiology – Dr Mark Skidmore
Telephone: (+44) 01782 734331