BMJ Best Practice
Online evidence-based, point of care tool available to all NHS OpenAthens users.
Logging in to BMJ BP appears to be erratic and unreliable. When / if prompted for an institution please search for "NHS in England". If having problems try closing down your browser and starting again or clearing the cookies. We believe there may be a conflict when using multiple logins within an Internet session eg when using a Keele login for another resource and then using BMJ BP with an NHS OpenAthens login. If still having problems please report the error.
BMJ Best Practice Help
- BMJ Best Practice introduction (PDF, 331kb) - Health Library pdf leaflet introducing the main features of BMJ Best Practice
- Introduction video for junior doctors - short video explaining how BMJ Best Practice can help you with your day-to-day work
- User guides - check the guide for using BMJ BP with OpenAthens
- Getting started guide
- Webinars and poadcasts - learn more about how BMJ BP can support your work
- Videos - find out about the features within BMJ BP by watching these videos
- FAQs - comprehensive list of answers about BMJ BP
- Revised login instructions - having problems logging in? Follow these steps
BMJ Best Practice Mobile App
- Go to the desktop version of BMJ Best Practice and log in with your OpenAthens username
- Create your personal BMJ account
- Go to your app store and search for BMJ Best Practice
- Download the app from BMJ
- Install the app and open it
- Log in with your personal BMJ account
- Start searching!
Training and information support
For more help and training contact