The Health Library sevice will be operating under Covid-19 restrictions. Please check back for the latest information before you visit.
These changes will be current from 07/01/2021
Social distancing measures are in place and risk assessments completed.
- Hand sanitiser and wipes are available. Please use these to regularly clean your hands, any equipment you use and your work space
- All visitors, students and staff using the library and CEC must wear a surgical mask
- The library is operating a one-way system, you must adhere to this
- Please enter via the side-entrance - you will need to use your library card to swipe in or use the intercom to request to be let in. You will need to complete the signing-in sheet if you do not swipe your card.
- You can exit via the main doors into the CEC atrium. At weekends and in the evening you will need to exit via the side-entrance.
- Furniture has been laid out to comply with social distancing guidance; do not move the furniture
Please follow all health and safety guidance as displayed. We operate a Covid secure environment.
Walk-in Access to the Health Library
The Health Library is open for walk-in access. Opening times are available here. You can visit the library to borrow books. Please see below for other services.
You can return items at the self-service station or via the Book Bin located in the porch of the side entrance to the CEC - opposite the bridge. Please see our opening times for availability.
Requests via Library Search are available. Inter-site requests between Campus Library and the Health Library and between the Health Library at County and the Health Library are available. However, there may be slight delays compare to normal service in transferring books between sites.
You can join the library by following the instructions on our Join page. You will be informed when your card is available to be picked up.
Study areas are available for individual study only. Groups, including work or social bubbles, are not be permitted and will be asked to separate. Two meter social distancing must be maintained at all times. Study tables are for single occupancy only. You must adhere to social distancing instructions.
NHS PCs, Keele PCs and Photocopiers
A limited number of NHS PCs are now available via walk-in access.
Laptops which link to the Keele network can be borrowed from the library counter. Keele computers in the training room are available on an adhoc basis (when the training room is not otherwise occupied). Keele printing is available from the laptops (wifi printing) or the training room computers.
The Keele multi-functional device in the photocopier room is available for photocopying, printing and scanning.
Till transactions are now available. You can pay for inter-library loans or any outstanding fines. If possible please use contact-less payment options.
Although face-to-face group and individual training sessions are currently cancelled, other support is available via:
Please contact the library trainers if you need any further information and advice.
Inter-Library Loan Requests
Inter-library loan requests (ILLs) are now available. you can either submit a request via the online form or complete a printed form at the Library.
Please see the Campus Library website for current service availability.
Health Library at County
Please check the Health Library at County latest news for current service availability.