There are two people allowed in the Post Room at one time. Like all other buildings, you will need to wear a face covering when you enter the building, and only students collecting items will be allowed to enter.
Students will still need to bring their Keele Card when picking up their post, and will be asked to scan the card themselves on our reader. We ask that students visit the Post Room at least once a week to check for letters, but please do not come to the Post Room for parcels until you have received an email to say it has arrived.
Our busiest hours are between 12:00 and 16:30, where you may have to queue.
In accordance with advice from Public Health England and the Post Office, we will not be quarantining post and parcels when they arrive with us.
Collecting your items
Parcels sent to students living on campus will be available for collection from the Post Room which is situated in the Media Building (behind the Lennard-Jones Building).
You will receive an e-mail notifications for parcels, but not letters. Please ensure all post is addressed correctly, including your name hall, block and room number. This will result in a speedier and more reliable service.
You can only collect your own post and need to have your Keele card with you for identification.
- You must have your Keele card.
- You are not permitted to collect items for other students. The only exception is if they are incapacitated for any reason and then they need to email the Post Room with details of who is collecting.
- If you have a parcel we will send you an email, for letters we recommend that you visit the post room at least once a week. Do not come for parcels until you receive an email from the post room.
How to address post to a Keele resident
Only use the name on your Keele card (no nicknames or chosen names). Nobody else is allowed to use your address.
Barnes - ST5 5DZ
Holly Cross - ST5 5JB
Horwood - ST5 5DY
Lindsay - ST5 5DX
The Oaks - ST5 5JD
- Drugs (prescription drugs are allowed)
- Hazardous chemicals
- Perishable items
The Post room will if it suspects any restricted items ask you to open the item in front of a member of the Security team.
We liaise with Staffordshire Police and have regular visits from the dog support team.
Return to sender policy
- If you don’t live on campus your items will be returned.
- Any items we cannot identify will be returned.
- It is your responsibility to move items to your halls.
Leaving student accommodation
- Check for mail and parcels before you leave.
- Make sure that you inform people of your new address.
- Change your address details on your online accounts.
- The Post room does not redirect items and will return to sender.
For security reasons couriers are not allowed in the halls of residence. Courier collections must be pre-booked and left in the Post room 24 hours before collection.
Students with disabilities
If you have difficulty collecting items please contact the Post room for assistance:
Phone 01782 734468