Post and parcels
Parcels sent to students living on campus will be available for collection from the Post Room which is situated in the Media Building (behind the Lennard-Jones Building).
You will receive an e-mail notifications for parcels, but not letters. Please ensure all post is addressed correctly, including your name hall, block and room number. This will result in a speedier and more reliable service.
You can only collect your own post and need to have your Keele card with you for identification.
Monday 1pm – 7pm
Tuesday to Friday 10am – 7pm
Saturday 11am – 2pm
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Doors are locked ten minutes before closing due to systems being shut down.
You can contact the Postroom by email: email@example.com
How to address post to a Keele resident
Only use the name on your Keele card (no nicknames or chosen names). Nobody else is allowed to use your address.
Barnes - ST5 5DZ
Holly Cross - ST5 5JB
Horwood - ST5 5DY
Lindsay - ST5 5DX
The Oaks - ST5 5JD
Location of the Post room
The Post room is located in the Media building.
Collection of items
- You must have your Keele card.
- You are not permitted to collect items for other students. The only exception is if they are incapacitated for any reason and then they need to email the Post Room with details of who is collecting.
- If you have a parcel we will send you an email, for letters we recommend that you visit the post room at least once a week. Do not come for parcels until you receive an email from the post room.
- Drugs (prescription drugs are allowed)
- Hazardous chemicals
- Perishable items
The Post room will if it suspects any restricted items ask you to open the item in front of a member of the Security team.
We liaise with Staffordshire Police and have regular visits from the dog support team.
Return to sender policy
- If you don’t live on campus your items will be returned.
- Any items we cannot identify will be returned.
- It is your responsibility to move items to your halls.
Leaving Student Accommodation
- Check for mail and parcels before you leave.
- Make sure that you inform people of your new address.
- Change your address details on your online accounts.
- The Post room does not redirect items and will return to sender.
For security reasons couriers are not allowed in the halls of residence. Courier collections must be pre-booked and left in the Post room 24 hours before collection.
Students with disabilities
If you have difficulty collecting items please contact the Post room for assistance:
Phone 01782 734468