MBA Senior Leader
Develop your leaders with our Senior Leader Degree Apprenticeship
Duration: 2 years
Qualification: Masters of Business Administration
Contact details: email@example.com
Our apprenticeship combines a master’s degree (MBA), apprenticeship and the option to achieve Chartered Manager or Chartered Fellow professional recognition.
This MBA is designed for professional managers in the private, public or third sector. It is designed for any individual moving into or in a senior management role, and can be fully funded through the apprenticeship levy.
Participants should be strategic leaders with senior management responsibility, which may include formal governance/director responsibilities. Participants' responsibilities may include setting strategy, direction and vision, providing a clear sense of purpose, and driving strategic intent.
The flexible programme consists of eight compulsory modules and an extensive organisation research project which on successful completion leads to an MBA Senior Leader Masters Degree. The modules cover a breadth of learning to support the dynamic attributes required of managers in today’s climate.
- Leading in Complexity
- Creativity, Innovation and Complexity
- Financial Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Managing People and Organisations
- Human Resource Management
- Digital Transformation
- Information Management
Our Research Methods module develops participants' analytical and research skills, grounded in theory, to support completion of the organisational research project. To complete the requirements of the apprenticeship and to achieve Chartered status, participants are also required to complete an end point assessment which consists of:
- Project showcase, based on work-based project, including report, presentation and questioning;
- Professional discussion, based on review of portfolio.
Completing an MBA by apprenticeship enables programme participants to apply the learning undertaken through studies in a workplace context - providing business benefits for the duration of learning.
The flexible programme will consist of short block-release attendance at Keele University, with regular online contributions required in between. In accordance with the requirements of the apprenticeship standards, at least 20% of an employee’s time should be allocated for off-the-job learning as part of this degree course.
- Must be in a role that has employer support
- A 2:2 honours degree, or equivalent is normally required. Where candidates can demonstrate significant experience and the competence to succeed, formal qualifications may be waived.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience prior to starting the course
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent
At Keele we pride ourselves on being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Apprentices will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University personal tutor, they will have wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services.
Why choose Keele University for Apprenticehips
At Keele we pride ourselves in being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Through the apprenticeship route, learners will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University mentor, they will have the wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services. For employers, our Apprenticeships Team will provide dedicated support with all aspects of apprenticeships. You will also be regularly engaged with academic team through tripartite review meetings.
- Awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- No. 1 in England for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2018 Broad-based Universities)
- 97% of our research is world leading, or of international importance (REF 2014)
- Sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we are in the global top 20 for campus sustainability
- We understand business - our New Keele Deal is investing £70M locally to deliver jobs and growth
- Keele Business School is located in a multi-million pound state-of-the-art facility at the heart of our Science and Innovation Park
- Based in the heart of England on the motorway network, we are accessible