Keele University is proud to offer a variety of apprenticeships across different sectors and specialisms.
Our apprenticeship approach has been praised by Ofsted (Monitoring Visit, June 2021) and we have a growing portfolio of apprenticeship programmes, based on employer needs through consultation.
Please see useful information for employers below.
At Keele University we are committed to ensuring the learning on our apprenticeship programmes can be implemented into the employing organisation, placing your requirements at the heart of what we do.
- All our apprenticeship programmes are designed with employers, against the Apprenticeship Standard. This ensures our apprenticeships are market led, aligned to the needs of the sector and relevant organisations.
- Our models of delivery are tailored to suit employed individuals, benefitting staff by developing skills to elevate their knowledge and role in your business.
Our apprenticeship approach has been praised by Ofsted in a 2021 Monitoring Visit.
- Ofsted has held the extended inspection remit for all apprenticeships since April 2021.
- The inspectors commented that Keele “exemplifies best practice to all areas of apprenticeship delivery and ensure a consistent approach is taken to quality assurance of apprenticeships across the university” (Monitoring Visit, June 2021).
- We understand your employees deserve industry relevant learning, that can be applied to their role in your organisation. We have created rigorous processes to ensure a high-quality approach is embedded in all our apprenticeship programmes.
- You can read more about our apprenticeship Ofsted success here.
We will work collaboratively with your business to ensure you are supported throughout the apprenticeship process.
- Our Business Engagement Manager will provide tailored support to you. We can offer advice on utilising the Apprenticeship Levy, contracting and compliance, embedding apprenticeships at your organisation, or any other questions you may have.
- This relationship does not stop once you have a successful apprenticeship programme established in your business. We continue to offer a personalised approach to employers, ensuring you have the assistance you need from Keele University as your Training Provider, every step of the way.
Apprenticeships are aligned to benefit businesses.
- Apprenticeships are a route to upskill staff in your organisation, offering professional development opportunities.
- Financial support is available for employers by utilising the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Apprenticeships play an integral part in post-pandemic economic recovery and servicing our communities.
Statistics (National Apprenticeship Service, Employer Survey 2017).
- 86% of employers said that apprentices helped to develop relevant skills for the organisation, and to fill the skills gap.
- 78% of employers say that apprentices improved the business productivity.
- 73% of employers say that staff morale is improved by having apprentices.