Databases are searchable online resources which allow you to use keywords, authors and subjects to find references.
Databases may be dedicated to a single subject or cover several subjects. Each offer a different range of journals. Your search results contain citation information and often an abstract.
Use the "full-text" links to view articles online. If the full text is not accessible check Library Search for electronic or print availability.
We may not have access to all the references online. Items not available can be obtained through the Inter Library Loans service.
EBSCO includes Academic Search Complete and Business Source Complete, which provide full-text, indexing and abstracts for several thousand journals.
EBSCO databases include:
- Academic Search Complete (full text)
- AMED (Alternative & Complementary Medicine)
- APA PsycArticles
- APA PsycInfo
- British Education Index
- Business Source Complete (full text)
- Child Development & Adolescent Studies
- CINAHLPlus with full text
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- EconLit with full text
- Education Abstracts
- Educational Administration Abstracts
- ERIC (Education Resource Information Center)
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Philosopher's Index
- Regional Business News (full text)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- SPORTDiscus with full text
- Teacher Reference Center
To access EBSCO databases log in with your Keele username and password.
Unfortunately, we are not able to access or alter personal MyEBSCO login details or passwords. If you wish to create a personal account (for example to save documents or searches), experience any issues logging into MyEBSCO, or wish to reset your MyEBSCO password (this is not your Keele University account), guidance from EBSCO is available from: EBSCO Connect. If you experience any issues with your MyEBSCO account, please email EBSCO directly at email@example.com.
The ProQuest databases platform provides access to a large number of bibliographic and full-text databases across a wide array of subject areas.
The ProQuest Natural Science Collection provides access to the following, many with full-text available:
- Agricultural & Environmental Science Collection - including AGRICOLA, TOXLINE, Agricultural Science Collection, and Environmental Science Collection.
- Biological Science Collection - including Biological Sciences, MEDLINE, and TOXLINE databases
- Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Collection - including ASFA: Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts, Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database, and Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts.
The ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection includes access to the following databases, many of these also contain full-text:
- Criminology Collection - including Criminal Justice Database and National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Abstracts Database
- Education Collection - including Education Database and ERIC
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- Library & Information Science Collection - including Library & Information Science Abstracts (LISA) and Library Science Database
- Linguistics Collection - including Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) and Linguistics Database
- Politics Collection - including PAIS Index, Policy File Index, Political Science Database, and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- Social Science Database
- Sociology Collection - including Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ASSIA), Sociological Abstracts, and Sociology Database
Other major databases within ProQuest include:
- British Periodicals
- Coronavirus Research Database
- Early Modern Books
- European Newsstream newspapers
- Humanities Index
- Literature Online
- Periodicals Archive Online
- ProQuest One Literature
- Sports Medicine & Education Index
- The Vogue Archive
To access ProQuest databases log in with your Keele username and password.
Web of Science is a multidisciplinary database covering science, social sciences and arts and humanities. It offers access to research tools like citation reports and cited reference searching, and personalised features such as saved searches and alerts.
The Web of Science Core Collection contains access to the following:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975-present)
- Book Citation Index – Science (2005-present)
- Book Citation Index – Social Sciences & Humanities (2005-present)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-present)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-present)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1985-present)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (2015-present)
- Index Chemicus (1993-present)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1970-present)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (1970-present)
Other databases within Web of Science include:
- Biosis Citation Index
- Biosis Previews
- Current Contents Connect
- Data Citation Index
- Derwent Innovations Index
- Essential Science Indicators
- Journal Citation Reports
- KCI-Korean Journal Database
- SciELO Citation Index
- Zoological Record
To access Web of Science databases look for 'Institutional Sign In', search for 'UK Federation' and then search for 'Keele University'. Log in with your Keele username and password.