KIITE to host Employer Engagement event
The Keele Institute for Innovation and Teaching Excellence (KIITE) is hosting an Employer Engagement event for staff at Keele University who want to learn more about the UK graduate job market, how to make connections with employers, and the benefits of engaging with employers.
Taking place on 10th September from 10am-12pm, the ‘Employer Engagement at Keele’ event will be delivered via Microsoft Teams, and will give an overview of:
- Key things you need to know about the UK graduate labour market
- Employers’ challenges and the current context
- The benefits of engaging employers
- Examples of best practice from across the sector
- Asking the right questions and applying a needs-based approach
- How to manage risk and quality
- Supporting students in careers and employability
- Plus....Keele's provision to support employer engagement
Members of staff from KIITE will lead the session, along with specialist consultants from GradConsult.
- Terry Dray, Director for Employability and Employer Engagement, KIITE
- Emma Bonfiglio, Research and Innovation Advisor, KIITE
- Lou Taylor-Murison, Head of Apprenticeships and Experiential Learning, KIITE
- Lisa McWilliams, Head of Careers and Employability, KIITE
- Mike Grey, GradConsult
How to register for this event:
Registration for this event is via Keele People. Visit Keele People and select ‘Search Courses’. Search for ‘Learning and Teaching’ and tick the box 'Only show courses with availability', which will bring up the Employer Engagement Training event, then follow the booking instructions.
Once registered, participants will be added to a Microsoft Team called Academic Development Workshops. Participants will also be added to a private 'channel' entitled Employer Engagement Training. Within the channel, a video meeting will begin on the scheduled date/time of the session that participants will be required to join. Full details will be available within the channel.