Keele Institute for innovation and Teaching Excellence
The Keele Institute for Innovation and Teaching Excellence (KIITE) acts as a community of innovation and a showcase for the distinctiveness of our University’s educational offer: a core part of The Keele Difference.
The Institute is a space of scholarly exchange, debate and critique. It will raise the visibility and impact of our educational innovators, and act as a consultancy to energise programme and curriculum design across the University, and secure sector-wide influence and reputation.
KIITE will act as:
- A community of educational expertise and innovation
- Keele’s principal consultancy for programme and curriculum development
- A centre for educational development, reward and career progression
- An enabler of pedagogic networks, research and impact
- A digital showcase for educational projects and debate
- A sponsor for student co-creation of education
- A catalyst for the co-design of education, liaising with employers and civic groups
The KIITE community
KIITE acts as a vibrant community of student education innovators. It draws together our expert educational teams and consultants: the Academic Development team, Student Learning team, our Learning Technologists and three teams of Employability experts (encompassing Careers & Employability, Experiential Learning, Employer Liaison).
Affiliated to this core, we draw together our National Teaching Fellows, Education Award holders and Senior and Principal Fellows of AdvanceHE, and work closely with our learning and teaching directors and associate deans of education.
This community of expertise will be put to work designing new curricula for our students, supporting student development, shaping researcher development and designing a co-curriculum that links students to civic society and the workplace. It aims to work across all learning communities and learning spaces at Keele University, shaping our educational delivery and evaluation.