I joined Keele Business School as a Teaching Fellow in Accounting in January 2020. Prior to this, I worked as a Teaching Associate and Research Assistant in Accounting at the University of Southampton. Previously, I achieved MSc (Econ.) in Accounting and Finance (with Commendation) from University of Aberdeen, and a BSc in Accounting (with First Class Honours) from Alexandria University, Egypt.
Earlier in my academic career, I taught accounting-related modules to undergraduate students in Alexandria University. Prior to my academic career I worked in banking industry at CitiBank NA Alexandria.
Research and scholarship
I am interested in the research that examines the determinants and consequences of corporate narrative financial reporting, especially textual analysis of corporate non-GAAP disclosure using natural language processing (NLP) and corpus linguistics methods.
My research interests include:
- Annual report narrative disclosures
- Non-GAAP disclosures
- Financial text processing
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Performance reporting
- Executive compensation
- Debt contracting
- MAN-10015 Accounting principles
- MAN-20051 Intermediate Financial Accounting
- MAN-30045 Management Accounting
- ACC-40001 International Financial Reporting
- ACC-40004 Contemporary Issues in Accounting Research
MBA- Senior Leader:
- MAN-40092 Financial Management