Nursing Associate Apprenticeship
Keele University is pleased and excited to offer the Nursing Associate Apprenticeship.
Duration: 2 years
Qualification: Foundation Degree (FD) Nursing Associate. A Foundation degree is 120 academic credits at Level 4 (first year University) and 120 academic credits at Level 5 (second year University).
Contact details: email@example.com
The combination of work and learning on our apprenticeship will mean Nursing Associate apprentices can immediately make a difference in the workplace.
This apprenticeship programme is an opportunity for anyone looking to become a Nursing Associate who works in a caring role, and has a desire to develop their healthcare career.
The Nursing Associate programme has a very practical approach to knowledge, skills and behaviours development, and the modules and module assessments reflect the practical nature of the role, while ensuring competence:
- Person-centred approach to care
- Professional values
- Delivering Nursing Associate care – new knowledge and skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Duty of care, candour, equality and diversity
- Medicines Management
- Health and Wellbeing
The programme is underpinned by the:
- Health Education England Education Framework for Nursing Associates
- The NMC Standards for Nursing Associates
- Apprenticeship Standard for Nursing Associates
- NMC Pre-registration Nursing Standards up to the first half of a Nursing programme
Apprentices will be employed as an Apprentice Nursing Associate and will undertake the equivalent of one day per week in a placement environment. This will be rotated across a number of settings to give a broad experience. Employers will also release apprentices for ‘off the job’ learning at a university to underpin and enhance practical experience.
GCSE grades 9 to 4 (equivalent to A* to C) in English and Maths (or Functional Skills equivalent).
Some experience in a care setting.
Potential students should apply for this course initially through their organisation to be selected for a place.
At Keele we pride ourselves on being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Apprentices will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University personal tutor, they will have wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services. It is a requirement that apprentices have a Consultant or GP Clinical Supervisor in practice for the duration of the programme.
Find out more about all the support and services available to all those studying at Keele here, including accessing Student Services, health and wellbeing support, and making the most of your academic life.
Why choose Keele University for Apprenticehips
At Keele we pride ourselves in being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Through the apprenticeship route, learners will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University mentor, they will have the wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services. For employers, our Apprenticeships Team will provide dedicated support with all aspects of apprenticeships. You will also be regularly engaged with academic team through tripartite review meetings.
- Awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- No. 1 in England for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2018 Broad-based Universities)
- 97% of our research is world leading, or of international importance (REF 2014)
- Sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we are in the global top 20 for campus sustainability
- Modern, purpose-built Clinical Education Centre at the Royal Stoke Hospital that houses state-of-the-art teaching facilities
- We can work flexibly to deliver on employer premises, where cohort size permits, by mutual agreement
- Links to our extensive medical provision offer a unique learning experience
- Inter-professional education opportunities with other student learners in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Our excellent student support, both within the School and centrally will help you balance work and learning
Download the Nursing Associate information sheet