Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Keele University is proud to offer the Advanced Clinical Practitioner Apprenticeship, designed for experienced clinicians wishing to progress clinically and professionally.
Duration: 3 years
Qualification: Masters of Science Advanced Clinical Practice
Contact details: email@example.com
Participants will develop advanced clinical skills, enabling holistic healthcare management and effective end-to-end patient care in a range of settings.
This apprenticeship programme is suitable for a range of health care professionals including registered nurses and allied health professionals who are looking towards, or are currently working in, an advanced clinical practice role.
The apprenticeship will provide specialist knowledge and skills for independent practice to equip professionals for the challenges of modern health care.
The programme includes advanced health assessment, non-medical prescribing and advanced decision making along with additional generic components, such as leadership and management, critical appraisal, professional ethics and reflective practice.
To complete the requirements of the apprenticeship participants are also required to complete a nationally agreed end point assessment.
Apprentices will apply the learning undertaken through studies into the clinical workplace context.
Approximately 80% of the apprenticeship curriculum is recognised as ‘core’ applicable to an Advanced Clinical Practitioner working in any health discipline and setting, with 20% negotiable between the university, the employer and the apprentice; thus allowing consideration of the learning required to support individual advanced practice roles.
- Must be in a role that has employer support
- Hold current first level Professional Registration with a relevant regulatory body
- Hold a first degree (where applicants can demonstrate substantial and relevant clinical experience formal qualifications may be waived)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in clinical practice
- We usually require that Maths and English Grade C or equivalent is attained by the start of the apprenticeship
At Keele we pride ourselves on being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Apprentices will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University personal tutor, they will have wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services. It is a requirement that apprentices have a Consultant or GP Clinical Supervisor in practice for the duration of the programme.
Find out more about all the support and services available to all those studying at Keele here, including accessing Student Services, health and wellbeing support, and making the most of your academic life.
Why choose Keele University for Apprenticehips
Keele University is recognised for the quality of its programme delivery, especially within the health assessment and prescribing components of the programme.
At Keele we pride ourselves in being a supportive learning environment with friendly and accessible staff. Through the apprenticeship route, learners will receive support from their employer and from the University to successfully complete their studies. In addition to a University mentor, they will have the wider support from programme teaching staff and access to the University facilities and support services. For employers, our Apprenticeships Team will provide dedicated support with all aspects of apprenticeships. You will also be regularly engaged with academic team through tripartite review meetings.
- Awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- No. 1 in England for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2018 Broad-based Universities)
- 97% of our research is world leading, or of international importance (REF 2014)
- Sustainability is at the heart of what we do and we are in the global top 20 for campus sustainability
- The availability of 15 elective credits, enables an apprentice to tailor the programme to their area of clinical expertise, whilst meeting apprenticeship requirements.
- Our excellent clinical relationships ensure that the programme is meeting specific needs in our rapidly changing healthcare economy.
- Based in the heart of England, we are easily accessible via close motorway networks.
Download the Advanced Clinical Practitioner information sheet