Students with disabilities and additional needs

We will make every effort to meet the requirements of students who have special accommodation needs. We have a range of accommodation to suit students with disabilities and health issues, including adapted rooms. 

It is important that you notify Disability and Dyslexia Support of any requirements you have before you apply for accommodation at Keele, so that your needs can be discussed and any necessary adjustments made. Staff in Disability and Dyslexia Support can recommend a range of options from guaranteed accommodation for the duration of your course, to the need for one of the room types below.

More information on how to apply for campus accommodation can be found here.

Ensuite Plus Rooms

The Oaks

  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Block remote door activation facility
  • Wet room style shower
  • Shower seat
  • Grab rails
  • Adapted toilet
  • Low level light switches
  • Low level kitchen facilities
  • Sliding door access to kitchen

Holly Cross

  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Block and corridor remote door activation facility
  • Deaf alerter alarms
  • Remote door activation facility to bedroom
  • Wet room style shower
  • Remote sliding door activation facility to kitchen
  • Low level kitchen facilities

Lindsay Court

  • Kitchen shared by only 2 other students - ideal if you have food allergies

Ensuite Rooms

Barnes W

  • Wheelchair accessible
  • Larger room
  • Ensuite includes bath
  • Wheelchair accessible shower
  • Low level kitchen facilities
  • Interconnecting room for use by carer

Barnes X

  • Deaf alerter alarms

Classic Plus Rooms

Horwood M 

  • Deaf alerter alarms

Further advice can be obtained by contacting a member of the Student Accommodation Office team or Disability and Dyslexia Support.

Student Accommodation Office - 01782 733065 -

Disability and Dyslexia Support - 01782 734364 -

Once the Agreement is accepted you have a 7 day 'cooling-off period'. This means that if within 7 working days of accepting the Agreement you change your mind and notify us by email of that fact, you will be released from the Agreement. The contract is legally binding and if you change your mind you will still be liable for accommodation fees. You can only be released from the contract in exceptional circumstances such as taking a Leave of Absence or Withdrawing from the University. You may transfer your licence to another student as long as the transfer is done with the knowledge and prior written approval of the University Student Accommodation Office. The new licensee should be a suitable replacement which means that the balance of genders and nationalities is not adversely affected within the accommodation.