Keele Professor Highly Commended as Environmental Professional of the Year
Professor Carolyn Roberts has been highly commended as the Environmental Professional of the Year by The Society for the Environment at their fifteenth birthday celebrations in Kew Gardens. Professor Roberts is an environmental consultant who works as Entrepreneur-in-Residence with the Mercia Centre for Innovation Leadership programme at Keele.
The prestigious Environmental Professional of the Year award recognises the outstanding work of Chartered Environmentalist and Registered Environmental Technician registrants. The Award showcases the achievements of those striving to protect and enhance the environment on a daily basis and attracts a diverse range of outstanding nominations each year from across sectors and continents.
Professor Roberts said: “Some of the world’s great challenges are undoubtedly environmental, but there are enormous differences of opinion amongst interested parties on how best to tackle them. For the last fifteen years, the UK has been taking a lead in attempting to professionalise environmentally-related jobs, and ensure that people charged with driving forward solutions are qualified to do so.”
- Plans unveiled for exciting Keele in Town development
- Keele celebrates strong links with NHS to mark service’s 75th anniversary
- Celebrating our Good and Outstanding Ofsted results
- New course launched at Keele to prepare students for green industrial revolution
- Keele welcomes 10,000 guests to campus for summer graduation week