Keele signs partnership with Japanese university
- Keele University has signed a five-year partnership with Kansai University of International Studies (KUIS)
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will boost opportunities for students
- It is the third MoU signed by Keele with international partner institutions since December
A new partnership
Keele University has joined forces with Kansai University of International Studies (KUIS), based in Japan, in a move that will boost opportunities for students.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the institutions, opening doors for student exchange and curriculum collaboration over the next five years.
KUIS, based in the city of Miki, has three campuses and almost 3,000 undergraduate students. Since 2011 the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology has been supporting Japanese universities to develop student exchange programmes with partner universities in other countries.
Opportunities for students
The formal partnership will give Keele students opportunities with KUIS and its six existing partner institutions, including University of Delhi and Western Sydney University. The MoU was signed following a two-day visit by leaders from KUIS to Staffordshire, which included tours of Keele’s campus and facilities, and an evening dinner at Keele Hall.
Professor Trevor McMillan OBE, Vice-Chancellor of Keele University, said: "The collaboration between Keele and KUIS is fantastic news for our students and expands on the opportunities already in place for them. Education is highly valued in Japanese society as a platform for socioeconomic mobility and for gaining employment in the country's high-tech economy, and I’m looking forward to the benefits this partnership will bring in terms of knowledge, experience and opportunity."
In December, Keele signed MoUs with two universities in Lithuania, in a further boost to student opportunities.
- New report reveals scale of Keele University's economic contribution to region
- Keele establishes new independent investment company with regional university partners
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust awarded University Trust status
- Keele-developed training tool commissioned by NHS
- Joint Education Institute approved with leading Chinese university
Media Relations Manager
+44 1782 733857
Senior Communications Officer
+44 1782 734925
+44 7775 033274
Strategic Communications and Brand email@example.com.