Success for Keele and NHS partners at regional healthcare awards
Pioneering healthcare research from Keele University and its local NHS partners has been commended in a successful night at a regional awards ceremony.
Researchers from the University and Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) were commended for their work at the NIHR Clinical Research Network awards, which honour the work taking place across the NHS, public health and social care.
Keele academics working across the partnership won the top prize in four categories, with Professor Toby Helliwell and Lucy Huckfield also being highly commended in their respective awards.
The awards won by Keele/MPFT researchers were:
- Collaboration in Research award: SCREEN (Social Care Research Engagement Project)
- Improvement Project of the Year award: STARS (Supporting the Advancement of Research Skills)
- Team of the Year award: Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust/MPFT Research and Innovation team
- Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement award: Professor Tony Fryer, University Hospitals North Midlands (UHNM)/MPFT partnership
- Professor Toby Helliwell (Principal Investigator of the Year award)
- Lucy Huckfield (Collaboration in Research award)
Professor Christian Mallen, Head of Keele’s School of Medicine and Director of the NIHR School for Primary Care Research said: “It is great to see the success of our teams recognised in this way. Our partnership with MPFT is incredibly important and these awards really demonstrate the importance of working in partnership. I’d like to congratulate all those nominated on their achievements.”
Ruth Lambley-Burke, Head of Research and Innovation at MPFT added: “I am absolutely delighted that the hard work and innovative ideas of our team, colleagues and partners have been recognised. These achievements have only been possible with the full support and our partnership work with colleagues at Keele University.”
- New report reveals scale of Keele University's economic contribution to region
- Keele establishes new independent investment company with regional university partners
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust awarded University Trust status
- Keele-developed training tool commissioned by NHS
- Joint Education Institute approved with leading Chinese university
Media Relations Manager
+44 1782 733857
Senior Communications Officer
+44 1782 734925
+44 7775 033274
Strategic Communications and Brand email@example.com.