Keele academic awarded prestigious global fellowship
A Keele academic has been awarded a prestigious global fellowship at Princeton University.
Dr Awol Allo, from Keele University’s School of Law, has been accepted on to the Fung Global Fellows Programme at Princeton University for the 2020-21 academic year.
The Fung Global Fellows Programme invites international scholars to Princeton for one academic year to research, write and collaborate around a common topic, which for 2020-21 will be ‘Thinking globally’.
During his fellowship, Dr Allo will work on a research project titled From Eurocentrism to Afrocentrism: Power, Knowledge, and the Ideas-Making Industries, focusing on key themes around the ethics and politics of trans-national and trans-ethnic solidarity.
Dr Allo said: “I am extremely delighted with the opportunity to focus on my research project in an intellectually challenging, stimulating, and inspiring environment.”
- Keele University commended for outstanding research quality in national assessment
- Keele Business School commended for supporting local economy
- Healthcare students benefit from innovative new training facility
- Birmingham 2022 Queen’s Baton Relay to visit Keele University as full England route revealed
- Sir Jonathon Porritt reflects on 10 years as Chancellor of Keele University