Before you start your undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Keele, you may need to attend one of our preparatory courses, according to the English language and/or academic requirements of your course and your educational background.
- Subjects: All subjects - excluding medicine
- Length: Four to five year degree programme*
- Entry requirement for subjects across business, science, social sciences and humanities: IELTS 5.5 (with 5.5 in all subtests) or above (does not need to be a SELT).
- Entry requirement for subjects across health: IELTS 6.0-7.0 with subtests 5.5-7.0*
- Key information: Year 1 is a preparatory year. Years 2-4 you will study your degree
*dependent on progression course.
- Subject: All subjects across business, science, social sciences and humanities
- Length: A one year preparatory programme
- Entry requirement: SELT IELTS 5.0 (with 5.0 in all subtests) or above
- Key information: Upon successful achievement of the required grades in the International Foundation Year, students can progress to year one of an undergraduate degree at Keele
NCUK offers foundation and graduate pathway programmes, all qualifications include unique language and study skills preparation modules and English for Academic Purposes (EAP) which will equip you with the skills you need to succeed in your studies in the UK.
Pre-sessional Academic English Language courses
Entry to Pre-sessional English Programmes requires a SELT (Secured English Language Test) as defined by the UKVI (UK Home Office).
When selecting and booking an IELTS test you must ensure that you select an IELTS SELT, which are only offered at a limited number of test centres.
If you have taken one of these tests but did not achieve the grade you needed, you can study on a pre-sessional course which can be taken before you start your degree studies.
View the full details on the pre-sessional Courses available at Keele.