One week to go
We're really looking forward to welcoming you into our University and we hope that you're excited to start your university experience. There's just a few things left to do before you begin... Then once you're with us, make the most of all the opportunities available to you as a Keele student!
You should make sure that you've completed your online induction module on the Keele Learning Environment.
You can find more information on our induction module web page.
If you'll be living on campus, please ensure that you've completed your online accommodation induction. This is a very important step and will explain important information about living on campus.
You should make sure that you have your accommodation boarding pass ready (which will become available once you've completed your online accommodation induction), and that you've booked your arrival slot.
If you will be living off campus, make sure that you've discussed your plans for moving into your off-campus accommodation with your private student accommodation or your private landlord.
Your Keele Card is your Student ID, which you can use to enter buildings on campus, get student discount, get entry to the Students' Union and Campus Library, top-up with money to spend on campus and much more!
You'll want to know how to collect it when you arrive...
If you're living on campus:
- Arriving from the UK: you will get your Keele Card with your accommodation keys.
- Arriving from outside the UK: See the below section in blue.
If you're living off campus:
You will be emailed about booking an appointment to collect your Keele Card from the Chapel on Thursday 22 September, Friday 23 September, or between Monday 26 and Friday 30 September.
- From Monday 3 October: any Keele cards that still need to be collected by students who are living off campus will be available for collection from the Library.
- Arriving from outside the UK: you will get your Keele Card on completion of any immigration checks that are required.
- For International students who require a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you have selected Keele University as your BRP collection location, you will receive your Keele Card at the same time as you collect your BRP from the Immigration Compliance and Support team. Please be sure to use Keele University’s ACL collection code 2HE542 to enable convenient collection of your BRP from campus. If you have selected another collection location, you will still collect your Keele Card from the Immigration Compliance and Support Team. You will receive an email after arriving in the UK to inform you of the process.
If you’re an international student and will be living on campus, make sure you have completed all of the necessary steps before you travel to the UK.
And remember to place the following items into your hand luggage:
- Visa and home office decision letter (if required)
- Travel documents (flight tickets if you need to print them)
- Evidence of your finances
- Cash in British pound sterling / internationally-accepted bank card - please note that it can take some time for your new UK bank account to become operational.
- Keele University CAS statement and/or Keele Offer Letter
- Original qualification documents as listed on your CAS statement
- Accommodation Boarding Pass, so that you can collect your on-campus room key
- Health certificates (if required)
- Medication and an accompanying letter from your doctor (if required)
Please remember that we are a free airport transfer Meet & Greet serviceto campus - find out more about it here.
Your first week and beyond...
- Attend lots of Welcome events!
- Connect to Eduroam, our campus WiFi network
- Explore the informal learning spaces across campus and find your perfect study spot
- Make the most of your academic life here at Keele – explore it at keele.ac.uk/students/academiclife
- It’s never too early to think about your career: why not chat with Careers and Employability and join our e-mentoring platform Keele Connect?
- If you’re in halls: Register your games console or smart TV devices on our Magnet WiFi network
- If you’re in halls: Meet your Resident Adviser and complete your Flatmate Agreement with your new housemates
What's next? Find out more about your opportunities as an undergraduate or postgraduate!