At Keele we are committed to ensuring our community is a safe and supportive space for all our students and staff. As Community Champion student volunteers, you will support us in this commitment.
Throughout the year, our Community Champions will be further developing our staple #NeverOK campaign, which encourages all members of the Keele community to become active bystanders and speak out to challenge all forms of unacceptable and discriminatory behaviour.
You are also welcome to be involved in the co-production and delivery of upcoming #NeverOK-related events happening at Keele, including but not limited to:
- Our 'Beyond Black History Month' events (Semester 1 + Semester 2)
- Disability History Month (18 Nov-18 Dec 2020)
- LGBT+ History Month (February 2021)
- Sexual Violence Awareness Week (1-7 February 2021)
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (21 March 2021)
- Trans Day of Visibility (March 31st 2021)
What can we offer?
- Work closely with staff from the SU and Student Services in shaping campaigns aimed at building awareness, challenging discrimination, stereotypes and microaggressions, and supporting our community to create a culture of change.
- The opportunity to shadow the staff team as they deliver the #NeverOK module
- Training opportunities
What's in it for you?
- Hours towards your KeeleSU Volunteering Awards
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of diverse lived experiences of different marginalised groups
- Build your skills around campaigning and activism
- Develop, improve and hone you presentation skills and style
- Add practical experience to your CV
This is a student volunteer role, so you can offer us as much or as little time as you're able to. We're happy for you to be involved in the campaign in any way that you'd like.
If this sounds like something that interest you, sign up below and we'll be in touch!