The School provides a high quality educational experience for students shaped by outstanding research, evidence-based practice and teaching, contributing positively to health and social care, locally, nationally and internationally.
About the School
Keele University School of Nursing and Midwifery is based at the Clinical Education Centre within the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
The Clinical Education Centre is a contemporary building which houses not only the School of Nursing and Midwifery, but also incorporates part of the well-established Undergraduate and Postgraduate School of Medicine. The spacious and light interior of the building consists of seminar rooms, extensive clinical skills laboratories, inter-professional Health Library and IT laboratories, which not only provide high-tech learning and teaching facilities, but also allow and encourage multi-disciplinary learning and team working, an approach that we believe is key to developing a professional healthcare workforce for the future.
Educating for Excellence, Compassion and Care
The School is a diverse, inclusive and professional community that respects individuals and enables them to strive for success in their profession. We are commited to our core values and these are at the heart of everything we do:
- Respecting others
- Operating within a framework of integrity
- Effectively communicating, collaborating and partnership working
- Excellence in education and commitment to maintain high standards
- Providing a nurturing and supportive environment to maximise individuals’ potential
- Being innovative and creative
- Promoting growth and development
- Acting with honesty, compassion and care
- Behaving professionally