School of Nursing and Midwifery
Explore this Section
- School of Nursing and Midwifery Home
- About Us
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- School of Nursing and Midwifery S-SPEC (Ethics) applications
- News & Events
- Information for Mentors
- User & Carer Involvement
- Raising Concerns About Care
- Video Library
- Health Library
- School Intranet
- Guide to NMC Revalidation
About the School
Keele University School of Nursing and Midwifery is based at the Clinical Education Centre within the University Hospital of North Midlands NHS Trust.
The Clinical Education Centre, which opened in September 2004, is a contemporary, state-of-the-art, building which houses not only the School of Nursing and Midwifery, but also incorporates part of the well-established Undergraduate and Postgraduate School of Medicine.
The spacious and light interior of the building consists of seminar rooms, extensive clinical skills laboratories, inter-professional Health Library and IT laboratories, which not only provide high-tech learning and teaching facilities, but also allow and encourage multi-disciplinary learning and team working, an approach that we believe is key to developing a professional healthcare workforce for the future.
Keele University - School of Nursing & Midwifery: ‘Educating for Excellence, Compassion and Care’
The School recognises and reflects the values of Keele University (Keele University 2014) The National Health Service (NHS), (DH 2013) and professional regulatory bodies (NMC 2010, HCPC 2012) upholding integrity and honesty in all our endeavours within a supportive environment.
The School is committed to:
- Respecting others
- Operating within a framework of integrity
- Effectively communicating, collaborating and partnership working
- Excellence in education and commitment to maintain high standards
- Providing a nurturing and supportive environment to maximise individuals’ potential
- Being innovative and creative
- Promoting growth and development
- Acting with honesty, compassion and care
- Behaving professionally