The Senate is the academic governing body of the University. Its responsibility is to direct academic policy in relation to teaching and research and to assure itself that the University's academic standards are properly observed. Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, Fellowships, Scholarships, prizes and other distinctions of the University are awarded by the Senate.
To view the Senate Committee Structure please click Senate Structure 2019-20.
The Senate is made up of ex-officio members, members of the electoral roll and students.
Papers for the meeting of Senate must be accompanied by a completed Senate Cover Sheet
Committee Dates 2019 - 2020
- Thursday 19th September 2019 (Joint Council and Senate)
- Wednesday 16th October 2019
- Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Wednesday 18th March 2020
- Wednesday 24th June 2020
- Thursday 17th September 2020 (Joint Council and Senate)
- Wednesday 14th October 2020