The Senate is the academic governing body of the University. Its responsibility is to direct academic policy in relation to teaching and research and to assure itself that the University's academic standards are properly observed. Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, Fellowships, Scholarships, prizes and other distinctions of the University are awarded by the Senate.
To view the Senate Committee Structure please click Senate Structure.
The Senate is made up of ex-officio members, members of the electoral roll and students.
Papers for the meeting of Senate must be accompanied by a completed Senate Cover Sheet
Committee Dates 2021 - 2022
- Thursday 16th September 2021 (Joint Council and Senate)
- Wednesday 13th October 2021
- Wednesday 8th December 2021
- Wednesday 16th March 2022
- Wednesday 22nd June 2022
Committee Dates 2022 - 2023
- Thursday 15th September 2022 (Joint Council and Senate)
- Wednesday 12th October 2022
- Wednesday 7th December 2022
- Wednesday 15th March 2023
- Wednesday 21st June 2023