Keele academic shares expertise with Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Dr Awol Allo, Senior Lecturer in Law at Keele University, was recently invited by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office to participate in an expert roundtable to discuss Ethiopia’s political transition and the forthcoming national election.
During the discussion, Dr Allo provided UK policymakers with a better understanding of Ethiopia’s complex political transition, including the dissolution of the ruling Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) coalition and the creation of the new Prosperity Party, the scheduled elections for August 2020, and how these developments affect existing national and regional faultlines.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, commonly called the Foreign Office, is a department of the UK Government and is responsible for protecting and promoting British interests worldwide.
Dr Allo joined Keele University in 2016, and previously taught at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). His research interests are in the areas of international law, human rights, and social justice.
As an authority on the Horn of Africa, Dr Allo regularly appears on global media networks including BBC World and Al Jazeera to share his research expertise with a global audience.
- Keele University helps councils take control of climate futures
- International student graduates after becoming integral part of Keele community
- NASA points the James Webb Space Telescope at an exoplanet discovered by Keele
- Kate graduates with first class honours after realising her potential at Keele
- Bentley Motors benefits from Keele digital transformation expertise