Keele academics recognised as world leading experts in back pain
A Keele professor has been recognised as a leading “World Expert” in low back pain, ranking among the top 0.1% of experts in the world.
Expertscape - which uses publication activity to rank the world’s medical and health experts in different topic areas - has identified NIHR Professor Nadine Foster from Keele’s Primary Care Centre Versus Arthritis, based in the Research Institute for Primary Care and Health Sciences, as a “World Expert” in low back pain and ranked her as the number one expert in the UK in the field.
Five of Nadine’s colleagues at Keele have also been ranked among the Top 10 experts in the UK in low back pain, namely Professor Elaine Hay; Professor Chris Main; Professor Danielle van der Windt; Professor Kate Dunn and Dr Jonathan Hill.
Professor Foster said: “This is great recognition for our musculoskeletal team, and specifically our low back pain research, at Keele. Having six of our team in the top 10 ranked experts in the UK shows what an impact our research has and how well regarded our research is both nationally and internationally.”
- Keele University helps councils take control of climate futures
- International student graduates after becoming integral part of Keele community
- NASA points the James Webb Space Telescope at an exoplanet discovered by Keele
- Kate graduates with first class honours after realising her potential at Keele
- Bentley Motors benefits from Keele digital transformation expertise