Geography, Geology and the Environment
Explore this Section
- / Faculty of Natural Sciences /
- School of Geography, Geology and the Environment /
- For Applicants /
- Geography-all routes
Geography - all routes
Keele Geography is ranked 8th in the 2017 Guardian University Guide.
These Geography programmes have been ranked in the UK's top ten for overall student satisfaction in the 2015 and 2016 National Student Surveys, with the Physical Geography programmes being ranked 1st with 100% overall student satisfaction.
About our Courses:
- Excellent access to staff when you need advice or feedback, including an open-door policy and additional unscheduled contact hours
- The opportunity to explore the areas of Geography that most interest you and to develop a range of skills, including subject-specific skills such as the ability to work with Geographic Information Systems
- Outstanding student satisfaction (National Student Survey)
- Flexible programmes with many study options, including the opportunity to study abroad for one semester
- Friendly, approachable and inspiring staff, several of whom hold national teaching award.
For many students our field courses are the highlight of their degree programme. In previous years our students have undertaken residential field courses to:
- The local area including Keele Campus, the Peak District, the Dee Estuary, Apedale Country Park and Trentham Monkey Forest
- Almería in southern Spain, and Iceland (Physical Geography and Geography)
- Barcelona and Singapore (Human Geography and Geography)
For students interested in continuing with their studies in the area of Geography, Keele offers two postgraduate programmes which are relevant to our graduates: