Launched in July 2016, the Disability Confident scheme replaces and builds upon the work of the Two Ticks Symbol scheme. The Disability Confident scheme aims to help organisations successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Keele University is committed to supported job applicants and staff with a disability or long term health condition and has signed-up to the following commitments:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people when the essential job criteria are met
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required for disabled people when applying for and doing their jobs
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
We proudly display our Disability Confident Level 2 - Employer logo on all recruitment advertisements.