Ages and Stages
Explore this Section
- "A Year in the Life" of the Ages and Stages Project 2009-2010
- Ages and Stages Poster : The Place of Theatre in Representations and Recollections of Ageing (2009-2012)
- Rickett, M. 2011 ‘Ages and Stages’. Generations Review.
- Basten, R. 2012 'The Circle of Life '. Generations Review.
- Rickett, M. December 2012. 'Ageing under the Spotlight in the UK. Sheridan Elder Research Centre for Creative Ageing (SERCCA) Newsletter
- Reynolds, J; Bernard, M; Rickett, M. 2012. Ages and Stages: Policy Brief.
- Happy Returns Report
- Ages and Stages Brochure
- Our Age, Our Stage. Have a look at the video here.
- ADC evaluation report
- ADC Course Training Notes
- Scoping Creative Age Festival meeting report
Conferences and Presentations
- March 2013. M Bernard (guest speaker). 'Ages and Stages: bringing the generations together'. Generations Working Together National Conference, Edinburgh.
- October 2012. M Rickett & M Bernard. 'Theatre, Ageing and Community Memory: Approaches and Findings from the Ages and Stages project'. Canadian Association of Gerontology Annual Conference, Vancouver.
- July 2012. Symposium Chair: M. Bernard: Theatre, Ageing and Community Memory (1): international perspectives; paper: M. Rickett et al. Theatre and Ageing: participation, belonging and intergenerational creativity, British Society of Gerontology's 41st Annual Conference: ‘BSG2012@Keele’, Keele UniversityJuly 2012. Symposium Co-Chairs: A. Basting & M. Bernard: Theatre, Ageing and Community Memory (2): Translating Research into Performance; workshop: J. Rezzano et al. Translating Research into Performance: intergenerational drama as creative practice, ‘BSG2012@Keele’ as above.
- July 2012. Symposium Convenor: A. Walker: NDA Programme: Involving Older People in Research; paper: M. Murray et al. From interviews to acting: Participating in the Ages and Stages project, ‘BSG2012@Keele’ as above.
- July 2012. L. Munro, D. Amigoni, et al.:paper: Documentary Theatre and the Place of Ageing: Representation and the Role of the Archive, ‘BSG2012@Keele’ as above.
- July 2012. Basten, R : Paper: The Circle of Life: Nice Girls Round the Corner, BSG2012@Keele as above
- July 2012. R. Basten: The Circle of Life, Keele University, ‘Work in Progress’ presentation to Humanities and Social Science postgraduate day, May 1st .
- April 2012. M. Bernard & L. Munro: Ages and Stages: the place of theatre in representations and recollections of ageing (2009 – 2012), Leverhulme Trust visit, Keele University.
- April 2012. M. Bernard: Invited participant at special ‘Talkback’ session following performance of Alecky Blythe’s verbatim documentary ‘Where Have I Been All My Life?’, New Vic Theatre. (Other panel members: Rob Flello MP (Stoke South) and Iona Jones, New Vic Board member).
- March 2012. L. Munro et al.: Documentary Theatre and Age-Studies: Narrative and Representation, Comparative Drama Conference, Baltimore.
- March 2012. M. Bernard & J. Rezzano: Ages and Stages: translating research into practice’, Presentation and workshop at Gerontology (International) Spring School: ‘New Challenges for Ageing Populations: insights from research and practice’.
- February 2012. M. Bernard: Ageing under the Spotlight: Identity and later life within the theatre, Keele University cross faculty ‘Symposium on Ageing’, Feb 1st.
- November 2011. Michelle Rickett and Mim Bernard. ‘Ageing under the Spotlight: Identity, Later Life and Theatre’. GSA Annual Conference, Boston, USA.
- July 2011. Mim Bernard and Michelle Rickett. ‘Exploring ageing, social memory and community through theatre: preliminary findings from the ‘Ages and Stages’ project’. 49th Annual BSG (British Society of Gerontology) conference, University of Plymouth.
- April/May 2011. Mim Bernard and Michelle Rickett. ‘Exploring ageing, social memory and community through theatre: preliminary findings from the ‘Ages and Stages’ project’. IAGG International Conference, Bologna.
- September 2010. Michelle Rickett. 'Exploring social memory and ageing through theatre: preliminary findings from the 'Ages and Stages' project'. Vital Signs 2: Engaging Research Imaginations, University of Manchester.
- July 2010. Mim Bernard and Michelle Rickett. 'Place and Community: preliminary findings from the 'Ages and Stages' project'. 39th BSG (British Society of Gerontology) Annual Conference, Brunel University.
- June 2010. David Amigoni. 'Ages and Stages: theatre and life writings in representations and recollections of ageing'. 7th Biennial International Auto/biography Association Conference, University of Sussex.
- May 2010. Mim Bernard. ‘The Place of Theatre in Representations and Recollections of Ageing: preliminary findings from the ‘Ages and Stages’ project’. International Federation on Ageing (IFA) Conference, Melbourne.
- April 2010. Mim Bernard. ‘Ages and Stages: The Place of Theatre in Representations and Recollections of Ageing’. International Consortium of International Programmes (ICIP) International Conference, Singapore.
- April 2010. Michael Murray. ‘Ages and Stages: The Place of Theatre in Representations and Recollections of Ageing’. British Psychological Society (BPS) Annual Conference, Stratford-upon-Avon.
- November 2009. David Amigoni, Lucy Munro. ‘Humanities Discourse and the Passing Life’. Symposium at Keele University, including a presentation on ‘Ages and Stages’.
'Bryony Lavery's The Wicked Lady' by John Shapcott (Download article here)
John Shapcott, a participant in our Strand 3 workshops and Honorary Research Fellow at Keele University, has written this article about Bryony Lavery's The Wicked Lady, which was performed at the New Vic Theatre in 2009. The article explores the process of adaptation, rehearsal and collaboration, as the novel was transformed into a stage play.