Explore this Section
HR Excellence in Research
Keele University received the HR Excellence in Research Award in 2013 after submitting a Concordat Implementation Action Plan. This award was retained after the two-year review in 2015. The following action plans, detail the progress which has been made and provide an update on the activities. The plan demonstrates how collectively the activities and work of the various parts of the University provide support for research staff and details areas where we are actively making changes to further improve our practices and the experiences of researchers at Keele.
6-Year Review Submission
The following documents constitute our 6-year review submission in Nov 2019
The 2017-19 action plan was also updated as part of our 4-review process.
An A3 paper size versions of the 2019-21 plan is also available to download.
Previous Action Plans and Reports
The following documents were submitted to Vitae as part of the initial, 2-year internal review process and 4-year external review process that HR Excellence in Research Award holders must undertake.
- Report - 4 year review
- 2017-2019 Concordat Implementation Action Plan (2017) (A4) (A3)
- Case Study - Writing Retreats
- 2015-2017 Concordat Implementation Action Plan (2017 update) (A4) (A3)
- 2015-2017 Concordat Action Plan (2016 Update)
- 2016 Mid-term review report
- 2015-2017 Progress report and Concordat Implementation Action Plan
- 2014-2015 Concordat Implementation Action Plan (updated)
- 2013-2014 Concordat Implementation Action Plan
A UK-wide process, incorporating the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education. Chapter B11: Research Degrees and the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers, enables institutions to gain the European Commission's HR Excellence in Research Award, acknowledging alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for their Recruitment.