Explore this Section
How to Book a Room
The Central Timetabling Unit is responsible for booking pool rooms during term time.
Term time covers the following periods:
- Semester One : Monday 25th September 2017 to Friday 19th January 2018
- Semester Two : Monday 22rd January 2018 to Friday 04th June 2018
- Christmas Vacation : Saturday 16th December 2017 to Sunday 07th January 2018
- Easter Vacation : Saturday 24th March 2018 to Sunday 15th April 2018 *
- Summer vacation until the second week of June. (Note this date changes year on year) *
Full list of University dates please go here
Room Booking Procedure
Room bookings can be made a number of ways;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- by visiting the timetabling reception located in the Tawney Building (Please ask at main reception)
- telephoning on ext: 34487.
When booking a room with central timetabling, please provide the following details:
- Date and time room is required.
- Duration room is required for.
- Brief description of activity taking place.
- Size of room required (number of people expected).
- Your contact details; name and email address.
- Any specific room requirements e.g. AV equipment.
Once the booking has been made, you will receive a confirmation email from the Central Timetabling Unit. If you no longer require the room please contact the Central Timetabling Unit as soon as possible, so that it can be re-allocated.
Please consult the Room Booking Code of Practice here, prior to using any pool room.
Evening and Weekend Bookings
Evening and weekend bookings are generally restricted to the Chancellors building.
- Evening bookings must finish by 10:30pm
- Weekend bookings are restricted to 10am-4pm
If you find the booked rooms locked, please contact Security on 01782 7 33004 and request the room opened. You may need to produce your booking confirmation.
Web Room Bookings at the Library - Students Only
You may also book pool rooms at the Library after 5pm in the evenings and at week-ends These will be for students and study groups only. If it is for societies, change of teaching activities or staff bookings then contact the CTU.
Details required are as above and rooms can be booked up to 5 days in advance.