Explore this Section
How to Book a Room
The Central Timetabling Unit is responsible for booking pool rooms during term time.
Term time covers the following periods:
- Semester One : Monday 30th September 2019 to Friday 24th January 2020
- Semester Two : Monday 27st January 2020 to Friday 12rd June 2020
- Christmas Vacation : Saturday 21th December 2019 to Sunday 12th January 2020
- Easter Vacation : Saturday 28th March 2020 to Sunday 19th April 2020 *
- Summer vacation until the second week of June. (Note this date changes year on year) *
Full list of University dates please go here
To book a room with Central Timetabling be use the following link Room Booking
Room Booking Procedure
Room bookings can be made a number of ways;
- Use the online booking form here
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the booking is urgent telephoning on ext: 34487
When booking a room with central timetabling, please provide the following details:
- Date and time room is required.
- Duration room is required for.
- Brief description of activity taking place.
- Size of room required (number of people expected).
- Your contact details; name and email address.
- Any specific room requirements e.g. AV equipment.
Once the booking has been made, you will receive a confirmation email from the Central Timetabling Unit. If you no longer require the room please contact the Central Timetabling Unit as soon as possible, so that it can be re-allocated.
Please consult the Room Booking Code of Practice here, prior to using any pool room.
Evening and Weekend Bookings
Evening and weekend bookings are generally restricted to the Chancellors building.
- Evening bookings must finish by 10:00pm
- Weekend bookings are restricted to 10am-4pm
If you find the booked rooms locked, please contact Security on 01782 7 33004 and request the room opened. You may need to produce your booking confirmation.
Web Room Bookings at the Library - Students Only
You may also book pool rooms at the Library after 5pm in the evenings and at week-ends These will be for students and study groups only. If it is for societies, change of teaching activities or staff bookings then contact the CTU.
Details required are as above and rooms can be booked up to 5 days in advance.