The rapid development of the Internet, social networks and mobile media is transforming the way we deliver news, entertainment and communications to audiences worldwide. This practice-based course will deepen your understanding of the technical, cultural and commercial implications of these changes. Giving you direct experience of planning and preparing creative projects, and drawing on our extensive research and consultancy, you’ll develop the specialist knowledge of media production and management skills needed to manage creative activities and enterprises innovatively and effectively.
- Keele is ranked 3rd in the UK for business by the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES 2019).
- Large choice of optional modules allows you to tailor your studies to match your interests.
- Opportunity to gain substantial practical experience through a consultancy project or work placement.* For example, one student assessed the viability of setting up a digital projection company in the Midlands, while another undertook an analysis of European markets for a UK jewellery design company.
- Work on ‘live’ brief to design a communications campaign for the D&AD (Design and Art Direction) New Blood Awards.
- Take part in lectures, workshops and live briefs from leading media industry professionals including Keele alumni working for major media organisations such as the BBC and Channel 4.
- 24/7 access to extensive digital media production facilities including film and photography studios, a screening room (cinema) and digital post-production labs.
- Hands-on experience of professional media production equipment and industry-standard software, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Our students go on to work for top media and entertainment companies as diverse as the Kobalt Music Group and England Golf.
*Please note that our students’ health and wellbeing is paramount, therefore contact and work-based activities have been suspended due to the global pandemic
Camille Lummis, MA Global Media and Management
"I now work at Kobalt, one of the top music publishing companies and I have no doubt that my time at Keele was an integral part of me achieving this goal. " - read more about Camille Lummis, MA Global Media and Management
Ben Johnson, MA Global Media and Management
"The reputation of Keele University and the range of postgraduate courses available helped with making the decision-making process easy." - read more about Ben Johnson, MA Global Media and Management
Domitille Johanet, MA Global Media and Management
"What I enjoyed most was the creative real case studies we learned from" - read more about Domitille Johanet, MA Global Media and Management
Nat Hall, MA Global Media and Management
"The small class sizes make seminars more engaging and provide a good opportunity for debates and discussion" - read more about Nat Hall, MA Global Media and Management