How to book a room
The Central Timetabling Unit is responsible for booking pool rooms during term time.
Term time covers the following periods in 2020-21
- Semester One : Monday 28 September 2020 to Friday 22 January 2021
- Semester Two : Monday 25 January 2021 to Friday 11 June 2021
- Christmas Vacation : Saturday 19 December 2020 to Sunday 10 January 2021
- Easter Vacation : Saturday 27 March 2021 to Sunday 18 April 2021 *
Summer vacation until the second week of June. (Note this date changes year on year) *
Room bookings can be made a number of ways;
- Use the online booking form here
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the booking is urgent telephoning on ext: 34487
When booking a room with central timetabling, please provide the following details:
- Date and time room is required.
- Duration room is required for.
- Brief description of activity taking place.
- Size of room required (number of people expected).
- Your contact details; name and email address.
- Any specific room requirements e.g. AV equipment.
Once the booking has been made, you will receive a confirmation email from the Central Timetabling Unit. If you no longer require the room please contact the Central Timetabling Unit as soon as possible, so that it can be re-allocated.
Please consult the Room Booking Code of Practice here, prior to using any pool room.
Evening and weekend bookings are generally restricted to the Chancellors building.
Evening bookings must finish by 10:00pm
Weekend bookings are restricted to 10am-4pm
If you find the booked rooms locked, please contact Security on 01782 7 33004 and request the room opened. You may need to produce your booking confirmation.
You may also book pool rooms at the Library after 5pm in the evenings and at week-ends These will be for students and study groups only. If it is for societies, change of teaching activities or staff bookings then contact the CTU.
Details required are as above and rooms can be booked up to 5 days in advance.