What goes on in the Dormouse Room
12 to 15 months approximately
- Maximum 12 babies,
- Room area – 42.50M Sq
- Child ratio – 1 staff to 3 children
- Room Leader –Alex
- Room staff – Kelly ,Rebecca, Nikki, Sarah.
- Tapestry. Online learning journey; allows parents to receive child observations as they happen.
- Under floor heating.
- Drag through ventilation (non mechanical air conditioning).
- Separate milk kitchen with fridges, Sterilising equipment, Liquidizers etc.
- Separate eating area.
- Individual mesh toddler beds (brought into the room at sleep time).
- Separate toddler bed/cot linen room.
- Personal cot linen bags.
- Separate nappy changing room, shared with Rabbit room.
- Individual baskets for children's nappies, creams etc.
- Floor to ceiling windows and patio doors.
- Private garden shared with the Rabbit room with Astroturf and natural shade from living willow.
- Total free flow.
- Over door heaters to keep rooms at temperature during free flow.
- Individual drawers for children's work/belongings.
- Book Zone.
- Home Zone for role play.
- Construction Zone.
- Separate buggy store.
- Separate toy store, allows toys to be rotated often.
- Home link books for every child.
- Comfort boxes for children's treasured possessions is; photos, blankets etc.
In the Dormouse room we offer a welcoming and friendly environment for both parents and children. We provide a smooth transition with full in depth inductions and plenty of visits. Throughout the nursery day we set out and offer fun and stimulating activities to meet all of the children's needs, including: Singing time, messy activities such as painting, playdoh, cornflour. We also have continuous access to our outdoor area with our 'free flow' system.