Keele Anatomy and Surgical Training Centre
A superb anatomy and surgical training facility in the Midlands. We specialise in hands-on practical anatomy related courses and have world class fully equipped HTA inspected modern anatomy and skills laboratories. Courses are tailored to your individual requirements, and the Anatomy Manager and Course Administrator work closely with the organiser to ensure an excellent experience is had by all delegates and faculty.
Opened in October 2013 as part of a major extension to the School of Medicine's existing anatomy facility, these labs provide world-class training facilities:
- Large (6 station) and small (3 station) ‘wet labs’
- 9 workstations with adjustable height tilt tables, suction, overhead operating lighting, interactive touchscreen PCs
- 2 ‘teacher’ stations with HD digital recording and presentation to all workstations
- Audiovisual links between labs, seminar room and lecture theatre with secure web streaming
- Suitable for powertools, endoscopy and other bespoke equipment configurations
- Configured and radiation approved for C-arm.
- C-arm & Radiography staff available to book on-site.
- Locker and viewing room
- Surgical consumables and basic surgical equipment provided
- Dedicated Anatomy Manager and Course Administrator to ensure the smooth running of your course
- Services of expert technical and AV/IT staff
- On site anatomists and surgical staff
- Can be used individually or alongside main dissection and resource rooms for small or larger multipurpose courses or equipment demonstration
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Replacements
- Spine Surgical Training
- Head and Neck Dissection courses
- Midlands Air Ambulance Trauma courses
- Facial Plastics
- Advanced Airways
- Maxillofacial Reconstruction
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Post Cancer Breast Reconstruction
- Upper Limb Surgical Simulation courses
- Aortic Arch Replacement
Shoulder Replacement Masterclass
“I just wanted say a massive thank you for helping to make sure our Masterclass ran smoothly.”
“The KASTC team ensured everything was catered for and nothing was too much trouble. This was also commented on by our visiting surgeons from Brazil.”
“Your facilities are first class”
Masterclass in Tibial Fracture Fixation
“Fantastic course. Really valuable learning opportunity”
“Excellent course, very useful for tips and tricks”
“Good course. Good faculty. Excellent location and facility”
Cadaveric Arthroscopy of the Shoulder
“Fantastic facilities and staff, thank you”
“Interaction with faculty was excellent, good layout of the course”
“I just wanted to send a formal note of thanks to you and your team for the exceptional service we have received this week at the above course. Each and everyone in your facility were absolutely superb with every request we had and nothing was too much trouble. If this was your first attempt at this type of cadaveric meeting, you’ll definitely have no problems in the future! Thanks so much for making it easy for us to work with you and I look forward to many more events in the future.”
Lower Limb Soft Tissue Repair
"I just wanted to drop an email to say thank you again for all your support over the last two days in helping us deliver our course. The initial feedback has been excellent, both in terms of what the delegates gained from the day, but also regarding the staff and facilities at KASTC."
Keele Anatomy and Surgical Training Centre is located midway between Birmingham and Manchester, just off the M6, making it easily accessible from all parts of the UK, as well as from abroad, via Birmingham or Manchester airports. Stoke Rail Station, on the West Coast Mainline, is only a few miles away.
There are a number of hotels in the local area, making accommodation for delegates easily available. There is free on-campus parking for delegates and faculty in a dedicated parking area, and the Anatomy Centre is located within Keele Medical School, allowing access to breakout and seminar rooms, a high-spec multimedia room, and lecture theatres if required, all under one roof.
KASTC, School of Medicine, David Weatherall building, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG.