Anti racism resources
As a University we are committed to becoming an actively anti-racist institution. We recognise that further work needs to be done and that this is a process that will take time as well as meaningful action and change.
We have created a list of some resources on anti-racism so that our Keele community can learn more about racism and its effects.
Please note that some of the resources may contain explicit language and upsetting scenes.
- Akala x Black British History
- When They See Us
- Stephen Lawrence: The Murder that Changed a Nation
- The 13th
- Small Axe
- Revisited: Britain's reckoning with its racist past
- About Race with Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Slay in Your Lane, the podcast
- Race Forward, What is Systemic Racism?
- Black and British: A Forgotten History, David Olusoga
- The Free Black University
- 10 Steps to Non-Optical Allyship
- The experiences of Black and Minority Ethnic staff in further and higher education, UCU
- Institutionalised the rise of Islamophobia in Higher Education, Sofia Akel, London Metroploitan University
- To make progress on race equality we need inclusive conversations, WonkHE
- 6 ways to be antiracist, because being 'not racist' isn't enough
- What's Missing from 'White Fragility'
- Black Feminist Thought, Patricia Hill Collins
- Why I Am No Longer Talking To White People About Race, Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Me and White Supremacy, Layla F.Saad
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Alex Haley and Malcolm X
- Natives, Akala
- Brit(ish), Afua Hirsch
- Girl, Woman, Other, Bernadine Evaristo
- Black and British, David Olusoga
- How to be an Anti-racist, Ibram X.Kendi
- White Fragility, Robin DiAngelo
- Nikesh Shukla, The Good Immigrant
- So you want to talk about race, Ijeoma Oluo