MARKETING & SALES FOR SUCCESS
Join our two-day workshop focused on maximising marketing and sales strategies to drive growth in your business. This fully funded Base Camp features expert speakers in marketing, communications and sales and is open to innovative and ambitious early-stage small business owners and entrepreneurs based in Stoke-on-Trent or Staffordshire.
Tuesday 6 & Wednesday 7 June 2023
What you will cover
- Communicating brand values - the principles of public relations and media communications.
- The principles of marketing for an SME, including how to use digital marketing and social media effectively.
- How to use a powerful narrative to reach your audience.
- Sales models and behaviour of individuals and organisations, what are the tools to win a sale.
- An opportunity to build your own marketing and sales plan.
Delivered by experts
Louise Third, MBE, Director at Integra Communications Ltd - Base Camp Facilitator
With over 30 years providing public relations support to the UK enterprise sector, including working with successive governments on campaigns to encourage more start-ups, Louise will be hosting the Base Camp, sharing her expertise throughout the workshop as well as delivering a dedicated session on using public relations to communicate brand values.
“Every owner of a small business deserves to reward themselves time away from the office to learn. It’s how we all grow better at what we do. I’m looking forward to working with Keele, our marketing experts, and this new cohort of Base Campers. We’ll cover lots of ground in two days, so sign up now.”
Participants will receive a copy of Louise’s book, PR on a beermat: What every entrepreneur, freelancer and small business owner needs to know about Public Relations.
Delivered in person, sessions will take place in the Denise Coates Foundation Building, Keele University on:
Tuesday 6 & Wednesday 7 June 2023
Participants will need to attend all sessions to complete the course.
There is no cost to your business for the programme, only your time. All sessions are fully-funded, with part-funding provided via the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The programme is open to early-stage and established small business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial social innovators, whose business is at least 60% business-to-business (B2B) sales.
Applicants must be an owner, director or employee of a registered business in the Stoke-on-Trent or Staffordshire area. Unfortunately, certain sectors are ineligible. Examples include finance, business-to-consumer (B2C), retail, agriculture and fisheries, housing and education, please do continue to register your interest and we will work with you to check.
CEO of Mondrem CIC
- Mondrem CIC is a not-for-profit consultancy company which helps make public services brilliant places to work and thrive. At its heart, their marketing campaign needs to focus on generating interest and building a belief that it can be trusted, can decipher complexity into clarity, and has an authentic purpose. During the session Sarah will talk about their marketing approach and how they instil these values without explicitly mentioning them.
National Sales Manager - PPL PRS Ltd
- Mark has extensive business development experience in B2B environments and is currently the National Sales Manager for PPL PRS, a joint venture between the UK’s two licensing societies. Mark’s session will explore the principles of selling for the smaller business and the tools needed to win a sale.
Marketing Account Manager - Plinkfizz
- An independent digital marketing agency, Plinkfizz specialises in creating award-winning marketing experiences for ambitious B2B and B2C brands. Laura develops digital marketing campaigns, executing highly targeted social media campaigns, and keeping her finger on the pulse of implementation and creation of marketing strategies. Laura will deliver a session exploring digital marketing and social media for SMEs.
Director of PR & Outreach - Plinkfizz
- An independent digital marketing agency, Plinkfizz specialises in creating award-winning marketing experiences for ambitious B2B and B2C brands. With a background in PR and journalism, Kirsty manages a team of content writers who look after any written word that comes from the agency. Alongside Laura, Kirsty will look at the principles of marketing for a smaller business.
Co-founder and CEO - Alpkit
- David is Chief Executive and Co-founder of Alpkit which makes performance outdoor clothing and equipment. They started online only in 2004 and now have 10 stores after opening their first in 2017. David is an outdoor enthusiast and lives and works in the Peak District.
The New Enterprise Base Camp is delivered through the Keele University Science & Innovation Park Smart Innovation Hub (Ref: 32R17P01691). This programme is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the England 2014 - 2020 European Structural and Investments Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme.