New for 2022
ACCESSING AND SECURING BUSINESS FUNDING
Join our two-day workshop giving you the tools, insights and guidance to access funding for your business ideas and development. This fully funded Base Camp features expert speakers from different funding providers and includes guidance on creating a compelling pitch and financial plan to support your funding application. Open to innovative and ambitious early-stage small business owners and entrepreneurs who are based in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire.
What you will cover
- Over the two days you will explore different funding sources and establish the right fit for your business circumstances.
- Introduction to the regional sources of funding.
- Hear how to access funding, including application processes.
- Putting together a compelling pitch to support your application.
- Writing a convincing financial plan to support your application.
Delivered in person, sessions will take place in the Denise Coates Foundation Building, Keele University on:
Thursday 15 September 2022
Friday 16 September 2022
Participants will need to attend all sessions to complete the course.
There is no cost to your business for the programme, only your time. All sessions are fully-funded, with part-funding provided via the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The programme is open to early-stage and established small business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial social innovators, whose business is at least 60% business-to-business (B2B) sales.
Applicants must be an owner, director or employee of a registered business in the Stoke-on-Trent or Staffordshire area. Unfortunately, agriculture, finance, business-to-consumer (B2C), retail and fisheries sector businesses are ineligible.
Investment Director at Midven (part of Future Planet Capital)
- Currently the Investment Director for the West Midlands Engine Investment Fund (MEIF) which will be invested across the region by Midven. Gio is also Fund Principal for the Early Advantage Fund, where he has extensive experience of working in partnership with Business Angels.
The Entrepreneurs Trust
- Award winning inventor, serial entrepreneur, speaker on commercialisation, mentor, coach and crowdfunding specialist.
Leadership Coach, Workshop Facilitator - BioSpring Coaching
- Nick is an experienced business growth, start-up and leadership coach, and workshop facilitator. His strengths include keen analytical and evaluative skills, a creative ability to see beyond the obvious, and being able to communicate well across diverse scientific and commercial backgrounds.
Director of Commercial Banking in Stoke and Staffordshire, NatWest
- Director of Commercial Banking in Stoke and Staffordshire, Natwest, Pam has over 10 years’ experience helping businesses grow and scale. Pam headed up the Birmingham Entrepreneur Accelerator supporting hundreds of entrepreneurs to start, scale and succeed.
Can't make this Base Camp?
The Base Camp programme is a series of fully-funded masterclasses to strengthen leadership skills whilst also discovering the skills, tools, and techniques that will support your organisation. If you are an innovative and ambitious early-stage or established small business owners based in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire complete our enquiry form to be notified of our next Base Camp or get in touch to discuss further.
The New Enterprise Base Camp is delivered through the Keele University Science & Innovation Park Smart Innovation Hub (Ref: 32R17P01691). This programme is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the England 2014 - 2020 European Structural and Investments Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme.