Virtual Student Internships available for Charities
In response to the coronavirus crisis, the KIITE Keele Talent Team is offering charities and not-for-profit organisations the opportunity to have a student work with them on a virtual internship, free of charge.
Students will have the opportunity to put their skills and experience to good use, making a real contribution to the charity/not-for-profit organisation - particularly helpful during the coronavirus crisis - and also gain valuable paid work experience.
Charities and not-for-profit organisations who are registered and based in the UK, with an annual turnover of under £50 million and under 250 employees, are eligible. Internships of up to 100 hours of student time are available, with a maximum of two interns per organisation. Internship funding is kindly provided by Santander Universities.
Internships might cover work such as:
- Desk-based market research
- Communications and Marketing
- Help with fundraising
- Data analysis
- Environmental eg developing environmental policies
- Setting up, running or training staff on social media
- Help with moving business operations online
Students can also find their own charity partner to be matched with for an internship - more information for students on how to do this can be found on the student self-matching internships web pages.
Terry Dray, Director for Employability and Employer Engagement within KIITE comments:
"The KIITE Keele Talent Team is working with Santander to repurpose the University's Santander funds to support charities and not-for-profit organisations’ pandemic response efforts. From now and throughout the summer students can apply to receive financial support to spend up to 100 hours as a virtual intern, delivering a project or conducting a piece of research. We hope that this will bring benefits for our students and the organisations we want to assist at this time."
More information about the scheme can be found on the virtual internships web pages.
To find out more about the Santander Universities UK programme at Keele University, please visit www.keele.ac.uk/santander. For more information about internships and other support opportunities available to businesses, please visit www.keele.ac.uk/business.
- Plans unveiled for exciting Keele in Town development
- Keele celebrates strong links with NHS to mark service’s 75th anniversary
- Celebrating our Good and Outstanding Ofsted results
- New course launched at Keele to prepare students for green industrial revolution
- Keele welcomes 10,000 guests to campus for summer graduation week