Explore this Section
- Business Home
- New Keele Deal
- Keele Research and Innovation Support Programme
- Leadership and Continuing Professional Development
- Healthcare & Medical Technology Business Support
- Smart Energy Network Demonstrator
- Placements and Internships
- Keele University Science & Innovation Park
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Licensing Opportunities
- Careers and Employability
- Keele Conferences & Events
- News and Events
- Current Vacancies
- Contact Us
- Services for Business
- / Business /
- Leadership and Continuing Professional Development /
- Mercia Centre for Innovation Leadership
Mercia Centre for Innovation Leadership (MCIL)
Mercia Centre for Innovation Leadership is a prestigious innovation leadership programme addressing distinctive organisational and leadership challenges for innovation-led, knowledge-intensive businesses across the Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Local Enterprise Partnership area.
This programme is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the England 2014 to 2020 European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme.
Through a fully-funded Innovation Leadership programme, business leaders and entrepreneurs can benefit from:
- Six two-day sessions of facilitated group learning, led by academics and expert business leaders
- A dedicated Entrepreneur in Residence and a Keele academic to provide coaching, advice and guidance, as well as academic expertise on a one-to-one basis
- A unique blend of action learning, including one-to-one sessions, peer review, activity-based learning, creative challenge-based activity and self-directed learning
- Development, implementation and a review of a practical, innovation-focussed action plan for your business
- Access to the latest thinking around innovation and social value, specific masterclasses and a unique innovation eco-system.
Please click here or the image opposite to download a copy of our latest leaflet to find out more about the Mercia Centre for Innovation Leadership.
The programme is open to the leaders of small to medium-sized businesses, early-stage and aspiring entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial social innovators. These individuals must be looking to develop products and services, achieve scalable routes to market and achieve strategic business growth. Applicants must be an owner, director or employee of a registered business in the Stoke-on-Trent or Staffordshire area.
Benefits to your business
- Dedicated time to focus on innovation and R&D as a strategic driver for your business growth
- Apply world-leading research and knowledge on innovation leadership in order to produce a positive impact on your business’s bottom line
- Access to the wide scientific and technological infrastructure of Keele University
- Be part of a unique innovation network
- Learn from fellow hand-picked entrepreneurs and social innovators
The programme is fully funded – the only cost is your time.
When does it run?
Cohort 1 (May-October 2017)
- 16-17 November 2017
- 14-15 December 2017
- 11-12 January 2018
- 8-9 February 2018
- 15-16 March 2018
- 12-13 April 2018
- 17-18 May 2018
- 14-15 June 2018
- 12-13 July 2018
- 16-17 August 2018
- 13-14 September 2018
- 11-12 October 2018
How to apply
For more information on the opportunities available, please contact one of the Business Gateway team:
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone: 01782 733001