Explore this Section
Data Protection Information
Please find below data protection information from the Directorate of Research, Innovation and Engagement (formerly the Directorate of Engagement and Partnerships) at Keele University.
All data is held securely by the Keele University and will be treated confidentially. Unless you tell us otherwise, the data may be made available to our academic and administrative departments, recognised alumni groups (e.g. the Keele in the USA Foundation, Inc., and Keele in the World networks) and to alumni volunteers engaged in approved alumni activity on behalf of Keele University.
Data will not be disclosed to external organisations, other than those acting as agents for the University on alumni related projects or for other legitimate reasons. The University may provide information to certain external surveying companies working on behalf of such organisations as the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) or University funding bodies.
The data will be used for a full range of alumni activities, including sending University publications, promotion of benefits and services available to alumni, notification of alumni events and of programmes involving academic and administrative departments and the sending of SMS text messages. Emails will be tracked and stored to ensure that we are better able to tailor our communications.
We would like to ensure that our interactions with you are appropriate and cost-effective. We will pay attention to your responses (including e-tracking) and, from time to time, we may use your data for profiling, targeting, and research purposes. Data will also be used in the University’s fundraising programmes.
You have the right to object to or enquire about the use of your data for any of purpose by contacting Emma Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To explain in practical terms what this might mean:
You may be contacted via post, email, telephone, SMS text, or online social media channels to which you have subscribed, with any of the following:
• Publications intended to inform alumni, such as the Forever Keele magazine and e-newsletters
• Targeted invitations and information about alumni groups or networks and their events or activities
• Information about relevant University courses and opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
• Invitations to complete relevant surveys and to give feedback
• Relevant communications from your former School, Department or colleagues involved in your course programme
• Fundraising communications
• Information on relevant alumni services or benefits
• Other general communications giving relevant University news
• Any other use deemed to sit within our data protection statement
Terms and conditions for Herbert Graduation Photography competition
For a chance to win your very own Herbert the Dragon toy all you need to do is tag AlumniHQ in a picture of you completing four tasks.
A selfie with friends, a picture on the library shield, a picture by the Forest of Light and a picture by Freshers Gate.
Competition closes Friday 13 July at 17:00. All winners will be notified by social media and postage/collection will be arranged with in 14 days of closing.
T's & C's for Graduation Competition
- The competition to win a KeeleSU Lifetime Gradcard is open to graduating students, aged 18 and over who update their contact details online on the day of their graduation.
2. Entrants into the competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
3. Keele University shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it as described in its Data Protection Policy, a copy of which can be seen here https://www.keele.ac.uk/alumni/dataprotectiondep/ and in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the competition you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your competition entry.
4. To enter the competition you must complete and submit the Alumni Update Form. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the competition, please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line ‘Graduation Competition’.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. Keele University accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
7. To be eligible you must enter the competition on the day of your graduation. The closing time for the competition is midnight on the day of graduation. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on the day following the closing date and the winner will be announced at 9am on our Alumni Facebook page ‘foreverKeele’.
9. Employees or agencies of Keele University or their family members, or anyone else connected with the competition may not enter the competition.
10.The daily winner will receive a KeeleSU Lifetime Gradcard.
11. Keele University accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the competition and not specifically included in the competition.
12. The winner will be announced on our Alumni Facebook page at 9am on the day following the competition and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Keele University within 14 days of it being announced then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Keele University shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Keele University shall be entitled to select another winner.
13. The prize will be sent to the winner by Keele University by post.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. Keele University retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
16. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on Keele University’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Keele University after the closing date of the competition for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Keele University) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, all entrants consent to the same.
17. Keele University accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Keele University further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
18. Keele University reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decisions of Keele University in all matters under its control are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Keele University shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
20. The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Promoter: Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG