Medicine at Keele ranked in UK Top 10
Keele University has been ranked among the best in the UK to study Medicine in a prestigious national university guide.
The Guardian University Guide 2024 has seen Medicine at Keele ranked 6th in the UK, fending off competition from renowned institutions including Oxford and Imperial College London.
The guide ranks courses at UK universities on a number of metrics including student satisfaction with teaching, staff to student ratio, and career prospects after graduating.
Medical students at Keele benefit from extensive links with our local and regional hospitals and healthcare trusts, providing an excellent level of 'hands-on' experience with patients in a wide variety of settings.
Our students also benefit from modern, well-equipped teaching facilities and teaching from research-active members of staff, as well as a small cohort size giving them deeper levels of engagement with their tutors and fellow students.
Professor Christian Mallen, Head of the School of Medicine at Keele, said: “I’m incredibly proud of our medical programme which continues to go from strength to strength. This success reflects the hard work and commitment of the amazing Keele team and our fantastic NHS partners.”
- Keele University malaria research receives $750,000 backing from prestigious philanthropic foundation
- Keele University helping prepare Staffordshire for net zero future
- New purpose-built insectary will enhance Keele's world-leading research
- Keele degree leads to Daniel working with Premier League stars
- Keele University supports £2m climate education expansion for England's young learners