Forensic Science at Keele ranked in UK Top 10 once again
- Keele University’s Forensic Science programme has been ranked among the UK’s best for the second year running.
- The programme, accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, has ranked in the top 10 in the Complete University Guide 2024.
- Students on the course at Keele have access to top class facilities including a dedicated Crime Scene House, and the use of high-tech facilities in modern laboratories using industry-standard equipment.
Among the UK’s best
Forensic Science at Keele University has been ranked among the Top 10 in the UK in the Complete University Guide for the second year running.
The programme at Keele is accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences and has a dedicated Crime Scene House that allows students to put the theory into practice, along with the use of high-tech facilities in modern laboratories using industry-standard equipment.
A complete forensic education
The subject scored highly in this year’s ranking for its excellent levels of student satisfaction and research quality.
Teaching at Keele covers the entire process from the collection of evidence at the crime scene to its presentation in court. Students cover key forensic areas such as genetics, anthropology, toxicology, forensic investigation and arson, alongside newer fields such as digital forensics and geoscience.
Dr Jamie Pringle, Programme Director for Forensic Science, said: “The programme team are really pleased to see all the hard work put in by the academic, technical and professional services teams being recognised and rewarded by this ranking.”
The Complete University Guide league tables rank UK universities both nationally and in 74 different subject areas. The subject tables are based on measures including Student Satisfaction, Research Quality, and Graduate Prospects, and include 143 universities, university colleges, and specialist higher education institutions.
- Plans unveiled for exciting Keele in Town development
- Keele celebrates strong links with NHS to mark service’s 75th anniversary
- Celebrating our Good and Outstanding Ofsted results
- New course launched at Keele to prepare students for green industrial revolution
- Keele welcomes 10,000 guests to campus for summer graduation week