Keele academic invited to give FCO briefing
Dr Awol Allo, Lecturer in Law, was recently invited by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office to provide a briefing to the UK's new Ambassador to Ethiopia.
Dr Allo joined Keele University in 2016, and previously taught at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). His research interests are in the areas of human rights and social justice and draw on a wide-range of fields including the sociology of law, socio-legal studies, critical social and legal theory, and post-colonial perspectives.
As an authority on Ethiopian politics, Dr Allo regularly appears on global media networks including BBC World and Al Jazeera to share his research expertise with public audiences.
- Nursing leaders pay tribute to 5,000 Keele-trained nurses and midwives working in the NHS this winter
- Keele University Day Nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted report
- Government investment for new Institute of Technology is welcomed
- Students rank Keele in UK Top 5 universities
- New degrees in cyber security launched at Keele University